Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry 8520 headset/headphones beeping -

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum - would appreciate any help.

Since yesterday i'm facing this problem - when i insert my headset/headphones to my blackberry it continously beeps and when i play the audio files some come good and others are very squeaky.

I've swtiched off my phone couple of times and also removed my battery with no luck.

Any ideas why its doing that and what could be a possible solution please?

Many Thanks!

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Blackberry 8520 headset/headphones beeping -

I am having similar issues with my new 8520.. how did you resolve this issue?

-nik

My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Didi you solve this, i recently upgraded from OS 4.6.1 to 5.0 to see if it would fix it but still same problem. How did you fix yours if you have. Do share.

Thanks.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Mtn

Hello, did u solv eu problem cause i hve si,ilar problem, if u did please tell me how 2 solve it, thanks

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

Hello! I got my Hungarian-built 8520 from a local carrier here in the Philippines less than a month ago.

Last BB was a Canadian- built Bold 9000 from Rogers. Used that phone for two years. Dropped it in the snow, dropped it in the middle of the street, had my daughter throw it against the wall. Aside from a couple of scratches, it kept on ticking for all the time I used it in Toronto. Only thing I had to replace was the trackball (CAD$30 at Pacific Mall).

Not even a month using the 8520 and I find something very very wrong with it. And apparently, I'm not alone. My carrier said that noone else had made a complaint about it, but I sincerely doubt that. They said that if I'd like, I could bring in my BB and they'll send it to Singapore. Singapore!! In the meantime, no phone for me! Unacceptable.

Here's what happened.

Some one calls me, I see their name and the phone is ringing. I press the green button to answer it, the icon starts shifting rapidly from the raised phone icon to the headset icon. It doesn't stop until I terminate the call. Poor guy who tried to call me.

I watch a lot of movies on my 8520. I use the BB Desktop Manager to transcode my digital files, then play them using the Media Player on my BB. I noticed that even with the headset disconnected, the player indicats that the headset is connected then pauses the movie. To continue watching the movie, you have to hit the BB key then select "activate speakerphone" to hear the audio. Then you can press play again. Same goes for the songs.

I'm no expert, but I have a sneaking suspicion that its a software problem. After a few weeks of looking online, I have yet to see any solution to this problem. I must say, I'm very disappointed that I have to use my headset everytime I have to take a call.

My solution is to bring my headset, then plug it in when someone calls. BOO!!! Before making a call, plug the headset. Dial the number, then try turning on the speaker phone. During the call, unplug the headset. Then make the call again, the phone should work fine. Except that if you press the speakerphone button during the call, it'll go to handset.

So no, not much of a solution. And try not using the media player in the meantime. Oh, and I'm running OS5 on my 8520.

RIM, please give us a solution. There's a bunch of us here already!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

This problem happened to me recently..what i did was replug the headset and pressed on the BB logo and select "Activate Speakerphone, then removed the headset. Once it is on Speakerphone mode, press the BB logo again and select "Activate Handset". Then it will work fine again. This help resolved my problem.

My Device: Not Specified

yay ! I did what u said about inserting the headphone then make a call then take it out and it worked o.o Smiley Very Happy by the way it took me around 5 hours fixing it >.< and finally !!!! im so happy and I wont use headphone ever again cuz everytime I use it , it happen again and hard to fix it again <.< I think is a lesson lolz... =D

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

I'm glad that this also worked for you..I just realized then that the blackberry (Curve 8520 at least) was not programmed to automatically divert to handset once you unplug the headphones..the unit then will always revert back and forth to headset mode whenever you make a call as if trying to find the device. So the idea is to replug the headset and activate the Speakerphone then unplug it and shift the audio to handset.. Hope this will help a lot of blackberry users and hopefully RIM would realize this oversight..Smiley Very Happy

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: alfa

this didnt work for me Smiley Sad i tried like lika thousand times and still the same thing i tried my earphones on my laptop and it works!!! but on my curve it keeps giving me this annoying beep sound please any help would be very appreciated and if you could explain the solution with a little more detail please help im really anoyed cuz it's been like two weeks that i bought my blackberry i love it so much so and by the way i tried repluging my earphones pressing the blackbery menu activating the speaker then unplugging it then activating the handset and plugging in the earphone a thousand times and still no result am i dong smthing wrong??? please HELP Smiley SadSmiley Sad

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 8520

Same problem here Smiley Indifferent need to fix this..