Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry 8520 totally broke, help?!

ok so one day my keypad started going funny, like the buttons were pressing by them-selves and it was writing random letters to my BBM contacts, so I removed the battery and lifted the front off of the phone, I moved the keypad a little bit and the keys were okay after that, but when the blackberry screen loaded up after id put the battery back in, my phone will not come on! It gets past the blackberry loading screen and goes onto the initialization (whatever it is) and then my screen fades off (like what happens when you don't touch your phone for a long time and the screen fades off) but if I try to press the buttons it still fades off, because my phone totally turned itself off, it wont charge so it eventually became extremely dead and it wont let me charge it, so I put my cousins battery (he also has 8520) and it came on, but the screen still fades away, I've only had the blackberry since November and I've had to have it repaired twice!!! Its not even a year old and I've had nothing but chaos, I'd really appreciate it if somebody could help me out or give me a solution as to what's wrong with it!! Please please please somebody help me

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: RIM

Re: Blackberry 8520 totally broke, help?!

have you tried to connect your phone to desktop manager? it fixes a lot of issue. also you can run the application loader. i'll check on the steps on how you can do it then i'll post it right away once i found it. 

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: RIM

Use the BB Desktop Manager to back up your device data.

After that, go to this article in the support community from tmobile's website. http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2072

The article will show you how to reload your 8520's software using the Application Loader. That should fix the problem if the screen is not physically damaged or defective. If this does fix the screen problem, reload your phone's data back into the 8520 using the Desktop Manager.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I downloaded the bb desktop manager and i connected my phone to my laptop with the usb but because my phone wont charge; the battery is really flat so the bb desktop manager cant find it, i dont know why it wont charge