Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8830 - Blank White Screen

I have a user who's reported having a white screen on his Blackberry 8830. I've seen before a white screen with an hourglass in the middle, or with small black text, but the user reports that the screen is completely blank. I've had the user do a hard restart (removing/reinserting the battery), along with reinstalling the Desktop Manager software, and it still hasn't fixed the user's problem (even after trying to use the Application Loader).

Is there something I'm missing? Is the Blackberry hosed? It's one that was passed down to him when he took over his current position.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Blackberry 8830 - Blank White Screen

Hi JonzoR82,

You said that you "reinstalling the Desktop Manager software".

Did you actually use thwe application loader to downlaod the OS to the handset?

Remember thatyou will need to go into Advanced and select to wipe all application data and reinstall everything form scratch (all the data is going to be hosed, irregardless).

The screen going white should be able to be fixed with an OS reload...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

I have this problem too I have a white screen with an hourglass How can I reaload the OS?

Thanks

New Contributor

I understand what you're saying, but the problem was that I can't navigate through the Blackberry's menu without being able to actually see it.  There's no way that I can wipe it remotely, either.

Oddly enough, the user said that his battery ran out of power.  After he recharged it, his screen came back up just fine.  I think I'll request a replacement, but so far, he's alright.