Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8830 with Outlook-- auto generates messages when I reply to:

Hello out there-  can anyone help?  I have an 8830 using Blackberry Internet service to get my work email sent to my phone.  It's working except that when I reply to a message the Blackberry has been auto generating 2 different notification emails;  One with the subject line "Delivered re: mesage"  which reads  "your message was delivered to the recipient"  and a second message with the subject line "Relayed re: message"  which reads "

Delivery to these recipients or distribution lists is complete, but delivery notification was not sent by the destination:"  Is anyone familiar with these?  Can I fix this with a rule?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Doug W

Contributor

Re: Blackberry 8830 with Outlook-- auto generates messages when I reply to:

I'm getting the same auto notifications, but only on some emails sent from my BBerry 8830 Curve--I have Verizon. Does it happen when there's been a delay sending messages? I only get these messages on my outlook, not on my bberry. Did anyone answer this question? Thanks!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

delivery receipts are controlled on your BlackBerry. go to Messages>options>email settings> and then set the delivery receipts accordingly based on different emails that are set up on your BB. here is link to a KB with detailed functionality.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12835&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12661&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Looking at the second link in your message, it appears that delivery receipts are automatically sent when your BB receives a message and there is no discussion about how you can turn them off.  Is there a way to keep them from being sent when I receive a message on my BB 8830.  It has always been my practice not to send read receipts and, to me, delivery receipts are much the same.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Pearl on Verizon. As of today, I am still having the problem that Blackberry sends a delivery receipt even though I have all options set to "No" (for both of my accounts). This happens even if I haven't yet checked the e-mail on my phone.

In my opinion, this is a serious issue that needs to be fixed.

We receive an increasing amount of spam which should not see my address, as well as other customers/prospects/colleagues who request delivery receipts should not automatically get them. There tends to be the assumption that if the e-mail is delivered, it has been read and therefore will be acted upon. Whether a receipt is be sent should only be up to me, not RIM or Verizon.

To RIM/Verizon (and other carriers I'm sure) please address this issue asap.

Thank you.

Rick

Message Edited by rickl912 on 09-25-2008 06:05 PM
New Contributor

Smiley Mad

One year later and Blackberry still hasn't listened and is still sending delivery receipts without the users' approval!

New Contributor

Over a year later and Blackberry is still sending them!