Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8900 Curve - Internet Connection Issues - Telenor

Hello,

Ok so this is probably a rare situation. I have an unlocked Blackberry 8900 curve (originally from Rogers) and I am currently living in Norway for 5 months to study at a business school here. I purchased a SIM card from the cell phone company Lebara, which runs on the network Telenor. Now I know for a fact that they support data usage on their network, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. I have called Lebara and they said that I need to get the WAP/APN settings for my phone. They couldn't give them to me, cause nobody in Norway uses a Blackberry, they only had the settings for the iPhone, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, etc. They told me to go to Blackberry.com to get the settings, but I have been unable to locate them. So at the moment I have no internet and it's quite frustrating. I can call people, SMS, and everything else, just no internet... and no BBM...  Can anyone help me? I have no idea what to do. 

Justin 

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry 8900 Curve - Internet Connection Issues - Telenor

Ok so I have all the settings needed to connect to the internet.  The only thing is I don't know where to put them in the phone. All I can find is where to put the APN. I put the APN to internet, but it still doesn't work Smiley Frustrated  I have no idea what to do, any help?

This is what the company Lebara sent me: 

Internet:

Name of connection: NwN internet

Data carrier: Package data

Access Point Name/APN: internet

Username: none (write nothing here)

Confirm password: No

Password: none (write nothing here)

Approval: Normal

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers BB 8800 (Still kicking)

Hi,

The Blackberry needs a special APN. It always attaches to the Blackberry.net APN anyhere in the world. The fact that Lebara is a PAYG service and that they fo not carry Blackberries you will not be able o use all the Blackberry fuctionality like BBM, Email and such. Other applications may use some other APNs. You can enter the settings provided in Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP.

Peace,

BBTEchSupport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to CLICK that BLACK or GRAY Kudos square if some one was helpful.
Also please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, don't know if my reply will be too late but I am (was) in your same situation, I have a blackberry 8800 and am using Lebara (in Norway).  All I did was go into options, advanced settings, TCP/IP, and change my APN name to: internet, I left my username/password blank and it works just fine now.  So simple.  

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK I was a little quick to reply.  The internet technically works, but since my browser, email, and apparently google sync all rely on Blackberry Internet Service none of those work.  My Facebook application however works just fine.  (Which is exactly as the moderator above me has said - I should learn to read!)

I'm pretty sure the only provider of BIS here is Trigcom (sp?), and I do know they have a month to month pay as you go non-abonnment plan, but it's definitely not nearly as cheap as Lebara.  Du kan spør om det på en mobilbutikk.

I am tempted to either send my phone back to the US so someone can connect it to my Verizon account and sync my contacts/calendar with Google, or to just get the Trigcom plan for a month.  I love the phone but I think I might get a 1G iPhone and jailbreak it so I can use wifi for internet and keep using Lebara for phone service.  A Blackberry is just not a Blackberry without BIS.  

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: computer engineer

i have got a unlock blackberry curve 8900...

i have a prepaid connection of vodafone so how can i suffer net..?

cuz der is no plan for prepaid users...

how do i add applications to my fone cuz no net nd cannot use the link henceforth...

i dunno how do i use wi fi as well cuz i need a wep key..?

without net i m not gettng dat also...

plz plz plz help meeh weed dis...

Visitor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: originally T-Mobile UK but has been unlocked for all networks

Hi, first and fore most I guess your problem is now resolved?? I have a similar problem and hope you will be able to help me. I have an unlocked Blackberry 8900 curve (originally from T-Mobile UK). I have been unable to connect to the internet with my lebara sim card. I connect perfectly well when i use 02 sim card / iphone 4 sim on the same phone. PLease help. My current  settings in Options- Advanced options-TCP/IP  

APN Settings Enabled (checked)

APN: internet

APN Authentication Enabled (Not checked)

User name for APN:  (blank)

Password for APN:   (blank)

My Device: Bold 8700

I have the same issues. Bold 9700

A Lebara representative told me to input this following information but I have no idea where to put it:

Options - Advanced Options - TCP and enter:

Gateway: 89.254.65.20

Port: 80

My settings in the TCP/ IP section are 

Check - APN Setting Enabled

Check - APN Authentication Enabled

Username: Blank

Password: Blank

I have no idea if putting in the gateway/ port info will enable internet since it runs on BBs services. My FB app doesn't work unlike a previous poster. 

Can anyone access wireless?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve-Malaysia make & 9360
My Carrier: IDEA

Blackberry 9360 Curve - Internet Connection Issues - IDEA cellular ltd

i have taken an Blackberry plan of rs 399(free internet browsing,BB messenger,social netwrking apps free for a month) with IDEA(india).. i live in kerala... According to them my plan has been activated but whenever i access the internet i start getting charged with normal charges and apps such as facebook and msn cant be accessed to it says the service is not enabled with this handset... even after changin the access point names to internet , imis and even blackberry.net and saving them im still getting  the same result,.. Please help me out here people