Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry 8900- Sound problem

I have the same problem!

how do I fix it????? ¡¡¡¡!!! 

I have the same problem, can get any alerts, music, speakerphone, etc to come out of the speaker. This is really frustrating. I also got this phone as a gift and have no receipt for warranty. Has anybody figured out what the problem is? This phone is only 3 months old. I've been a long time blackberry user and there always seemed to be a problem with each phone I got. Really annoying. Would appreciate any info on a solution to this problem. 

Is it really time to switch.... hmmmm. I wish blackberry would fix this. Seems to be lots of people that have this problem, not just in this forum but all around the web as well. 

My Device: 8900 curve

I have the same problem, only mine happens at a certain time every day and then works later.  It seems like every morning around midnight the speaker phone goes out (no alarm, no media player, no message alerts) but it will start working again as soon as I get my first phone call of the day. 

Anyone got any ideas?

Visitor
My Device: 8900 Curve

The same situation occurred for me and my carrier has sent a replacement.

The battery removal and system reset did not solve the problem.

It's been one week. The media player works with the headset however the ringer does not work, even when the headset is on.

I'm hoping the replacement phone doesn't have the same problem. 

I don't have an answer, but just wanted to echo that I have the same problem.  Sound typically goes out overnight while it's charging and then starts working again when I unplug it in the morning.  I've been late the past two days for work because the alarm doesn't even work.  Mysterious and frustrating.  Please help!
New Contributor

I've got the exact same problem by the sound of things! ,, Please can some one help solve this x

I have the same problem. I've replaced both the speakers in the phone with new ones. I have no external sound but I can still answer calls, etc.

Visitor

I have just had the same problem on my 8900. I had my profile on vibrate, and when i switched it back to normal, i had no sound at all. Trackball click sound gone, any notification sounds gone.

I turned my phone off, took out the battery and left for 10 mins, put it all back together and turned on, and now it works fine again.

Weird....

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never did reply to the original forum I came to for help, but I found a way to get my phones speaker working again. It seems there was a loose connection somewhere in the phone, but by pushing on the back of it in the top left corner after taking the battery cover off, it seemed to fix something. Pushing around the camera area as well but more to the left. Be careful pushing in around the camera. Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the headphone jack... Either way, that seemed to fix the problem for me. Now only if I knew how to fix my track pad... **bleep** thing doesn't scroll down for me anymore.

Good luck everyone

My Device: curve8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi all.

Just wanted to let you know how to solve this:

this issue appears if you are carrying your phone in a pocket for example (like I do). It seems to me as though there is a hardware issue with the speaker. It's probably not well connected or whatever. The problem to fix this was to simply press the speaker. I just played a song and during that pressed the speaker and got my sound back.

As on the track pad @ darvarol: cleaning it with a toothpick solved the same issue on my phone. It just got kind of stuck. There's just dirt that gets under it, so try (carefully!!) cleaning bits of it with a toothpick or a needle.

Hope this helps guys.