Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8900 v 4.6.1.250 cannot sync in MacBook

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I have read forums and so on and in general I do not post unless this is a crazy issue and here it goes.

I upgrade the Curve 8900 in Rogers to the v.4.6.1.250, I attempt to use PocketMac to sync and everything went smooth, the device is detected right away that seem to improved.

When contacts are being syncd is like nothing happens, you can see it in there look up for contacts and nothing.

I tried to do a few categories at a time, push all the content to the MAC and all the content to the device and nothing. Is like they are connected but the don't see each other.

Same applies to iCal, Notes and so on.

I tried the following:

Uninstall PocketMac, and re-install.

Tried downgrading and got an error.

Does anybody know how to get them to sync again?

This may be a bug with the new firmware and PocketMac or at least seems that way.

Regards,

Diego

Message Edited by 10ego on 06-19-2009 02:57 PM
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry 8900 v 4.6.1.250 cannot sync in MacBook

I am having trouble getting my curve 8900 to be detected.  Did you find a way to get it done?  I only want to sync my iCal between curve and macbook.  I have read about using Google calendar but I need it to be two ways.  Any advice?
New Contributor

No, I haven't fixed this problem yet. I am in my milliobn attempt to uninstall the PocketSync and try again. If your curve is not getting detected upgraded the firmware on the phone via a windows machine and try again.

I used to have that issue, now the phone detects, attempts to sync but never complete nor see changes.. 

New Contributor

Ok. I fix the issue after doing a clean uninstall and reinstall, I can sync the calendar but when syncing the contacts gets stack.. any ideas?
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 (Javelin)

Same problem here, cannot sync my Curve 8900 with my mac. PocketMac doesn't work. When I sync contacts, i have duplicates entry on my curve... Can't believe RIM support and offer this application on it's website...

I wait for Desktop Manager for Mac...