Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 9000 device software upgrade

I am a BB 9000 user and strugling to have BB GPS maps from the day i got this BB. I have upgraded desktop SW also but it doesn't show that i need any device sw upgrade although i know my sw version is **bleep** old. application version 4.6 and platform version 4.0 and I think that is the reason it is not allowing me to download GPS maps. 

And if gps maps are not supported in Saudi Arabia then why the hell mobile operator advertise here the phone with GPS BB maps?

Can anyone help me step by step if at all I can still get GPS maps for Saudi Arabia. My operator is "Mobily" where there is no concept of customer service. I have visited their office, call several times times but  of no use. I had given up with them.

If here any one can help me please before I decide to get rid of BB 9000 and go for HTC or Nokia N97. 

Thanks in advance. 

Saj.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 9000 device software upgrade

You can look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/newest-9000-os-v4-6-0-303-official-mobitel-bulgaria-multilanguage-3...

for the latest OS that has been officially released (of course, not by your carrier).

You could get it, follow the instructions also linked off that thread to install it, and see if that changes your ability to install the map application you want.

New Contributor

Dear er2joe,

Thanks for trying to help me with my problem. I went thru the thread provided by you and tried deleting the vendor.xml and retried to upgrade the device software but again it give me the same message that "No Software upgrade is required for your device" 

Pls tell me what more needs to be done and how. Thanx again.

Saj.

New Contributor

use application loader instead of desktop manager.

or

download bbsak, install and choose load os

hope it works Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Mobily

Bold 9000 from Mobily user here also...been wondering what if our network supports 5.0 OS? anyone tried?