Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Optimus

Blackberry 9300 BIS problem

HI,

I need help. I'm a blackberry user, and now i decided to change my bb 8520 to one 9300... I buy this 9300 used in internet, and the mobile phone is unblocked by original.

Now i contact my internet provider to activate my BIS service in new mobile phone, and the service didn't work. My provider saied that service is ativate, however i can access.. After various contacts, the technical support suggest me to contact the older provider in order to release the pin your software.

Once the mobile phone was buy used, and i already contact the previous owner and he don't know what is the provider, what i can do to resolve the problem...

I'm need this service.. The phone without BIS is "brick".

Best Regards

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry 9300 BIS problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You are in a difficult situation...buying a used BB is often complicated. From what you say your carrier told you, the prior carrier that held this specific BB PIN in their BIS system has not released it. And, only that carrier can release it...no one else can, not even BlackBerry. Further, many carriers only accept requests for BIS PIN release from their actual account holder...which definitely was not you, and it sounds like it was not even the person who sold it to you. So you have a very big challenge indeed...and it is likely not solvable.

What I would do, if I were you, is review the terms of my purchase of the device. If it was represented by the seller as being able to be fully functional on any compatible carrier, then I would challenge the seller and demand return/refund...the device is indeed not usable, since the BB PIN remains locked to some carrier somewhere (and you have no way to find out which carrier, and even if you could find out they likely will refuse your request to release since you are not their account holder).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I'm very disapointed.....

I can't understand.  Before buy this phone i have one blackberry 8520 that i buy new unlocked, but sometimes i have some problems with internet connection. I needed to call to my provider to try a lot of problems...

Now i decide to buy a new bb, that maybe better, without spend a lot of money, and appear this problem.... I can't understand....
I wait unit 26 of may, for a response of my provider and after if the problem didn't resolved, i will try to return the mobile phone ...

Many thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm sorry that you are disappointed. But please understand that it's the seller (to you) of the device with which you should be upset. They sold you a device that is not able to be properly used...that is their fault (the sellers), not yours nor BlackBerry's nor anyone else's fault. The seller is responsible for selling things that are correct and proper...and, from what you've said here, they did not do so in your case. So you indeed should be upset and disappointed -- with them (the seller)...

This indeed happens all too often in the 2nd hand market...sellers don't properly prepare the device for resale, and the buyer is stuck with a device they cannot use. In the worst of all cases, the seller vanishes and the buyer is truly stuck! I hope this does not happen to you.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The problem was resolved.....

I already have access to BIS service... The providers in Portugal have a lot of problems with blackberry.. I think, that the big problem is Blackberry haven't official representation in Portugal.. I call to my provider, and the answers for my questions depends who i meet..

Once the problem resolved, i continue using my bb 9300 Smiley Happy

Thanks

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Well, that's certainly different than you first reported...but I'm very glad that you found someone who could get it going for you.

Cheers and enjoy!