Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry 9300 Trackpad keeps freezing! :(

You don't need to use your phone to back it up. Do so with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

So long as your phone is on and working, you can back it up, even if the trackpad isn't working.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: CURVE 9300 3G
My Carrier: DU

id sincerely appriciate if you cud educate me on how to resolve ma CURVE 9300(4mnths old) trackpad from freezin as iv been missin out on a lot of texts n havnt been able to contact clients on time since d past 3 days!! it usualy freezes whneva i hapn to miss a cal or unlock it.. i did try removin d battery n placin it bac agn to find it work al fine bt jus fr a bit, nw eachtime i hapen to unlock ma phone m pretty naive bou d pad workin fine.. Smiley Sad ... is anybdy sure bou dis problem bein related to d software???? cz infact,  i did update ma software a mnth ago... to version 6.0 bundle 2475 wic i assume is stil d latest.... HELP ME FIX DIS GOOD PEOPLE.. 

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: fido

just take it in to whereever u got it, i did they sent it to repair it and now it works fine

New Contributor
My Carrier: Globe

[ Edited ]

i also sent it to the where i bought, but i will wait for 72 days for the repair. im very dis appointed.

Contributor
My Carrier: fido

its messed up yet again, i seriously cant stand this anymore! eff u blackberry Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: three

hi, i have a curve 9300 and my trackpad is also freezing, ive been having weird problems with my phone all night and it finally let me on do do a full security wipe, ive done this and everythign is completely wiped as it should be, however the trackpad is still freezing Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Carrier: virgin

For the last while i had the same problem with my curve 9300 . I did the battery pull and it didnt work for me and i read somewhere that if you take the battery out and with the battery out push the trackpad 5 times it somehow resets it. being hesitant i tried it and it worked...but after awhile the problem came back. today i am just going to do a wipe and see if that rectifies the problem...if not then i guess its time to toos it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN SA

LOL!! I read your thank you comments after the resolution and in my mind "they'll be back!" rang true, and a few posts down here you are.

I have been going mad trying to resolve this issue. And somehow a BUSINESS service phone providor  thinks its standard practice to pull the battery 3 or so times a day. Hold on mister client I am offline for the next five minutes while I reset my device?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN SA

and wow the new Samsung has just been ordered after I spent a whole day locked out of the device. And if I pull the battery once more I may replace it where it didn't come from. Bye Bye BB, Bye Bye, you lasted a full 14 months, only three short of the HTC (so called cheaper option)!
New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: MTN-South Africa

Hi i seem to have rhe same problem too it has persisted for over six months now, the battery pull solution was working up till two months ago now, the battery pull does not work, the trackpad freezes for weeks on end, i have the installation that came with the phone but the problems is it always leads me to this site so i dont know where to go from there or how to reload the software on my phone if you could be as kind as to send all the steps that i need to go through. please do remember when sending the steps that the navigation i need to do will be without the trackpad and its very difficult at times. your prompt reply in this regard will be appreciated