Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: ...

Re: Blackberry 9300 Trackpad keeps freezing! :(

Download 'memory booster' off bb App Store, I think it may cost but its worth it! No more crashing for me!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

[ Edited ]

Hi There!

Dont worry, you can do it man! 

Now just use your Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your phone throuh the cable and back up all your data and then you are done with backing up.

Next is what do you mean by Frozen? Trackpad not working?

If yes, then you would need to replace the trackpad. its just a small procedure. Check out some youtube videos on how to change the trackpad. If you are in US / Canada you also can get the trackpad delivered to your home if you shop from ebay.

Do it man. You can do it just give it a try. its pretty interesting! and remember to buy T6 screw drivers to remove the housing. If you feel you can't do it by yourself then give it to a phone shop and they will repair if for you. It's just a 15 - 30 minutes procedure.

Cheers!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Shazmin wrote:

Since you are in Canada you also can get the trackpad delivered to your home if you shop from ebay.

Who is in Canada?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: 9300

hello i have a problem my bb 9300 scroller is frozen i tried to take the battery out and put it bak in but it doesnt work and it is still frozen.can you please help me!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: virgin

When you take youre battery out press down the trackpad five times without the battery in and then reinstall the battery. It might take a couple of times till it works. Unfortunately this is only a temp fix but it will allow you to use youre phone for a while. Once it is working go through youre phone and delete any uneeded programs, games etc...clear things up a bit. You may have to eventually replace the trackpad like i too will try doing. Good luck..
Visitor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: maxis

hi i freaking am stress out with my bb curve 9300 my trackpad is not working for 4 days already it freezes n when it does work wants i log when i unlock it still freezes help me tell me wat to do i also take out my bb battery many times n hard reset please help help help me i bag u

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300 and curve 9320
My Carrier: t-mobile and digicel

Hello: I have my bb curve 9300 since 11/11 and since a little less than a year my trackpad stop working I took it to a repair shop because no longer live in the US and tech said is not the trackpad, everything else on the phone works except for it and I have my contacts on bbm that couldn't save nor being able to read my text messages or anything on it, please help me find a solution for my phone since I have been very attached to it and refuse to let it go.
New Contributor

Very truthfully...about amonth after i purchased my blackberry 9300 full out at a cost of over 500 dollars ive had this issue. Its not only frustrating....its friggin maddening! For the longest time i was able to take out the battery, press on the trackpad five times and it would fix the problem but only temp. Since i bought this piece of blackberry **bleep**, i have bought many other phones, mostly apple products but i have always kept the 9300 for texting as i find it much easier in that department, but today for some reason it doesnt even work with taking out the battery and pressing the trackpad five times. Im assuming its a problem that blackberry itself dreamed up as i know a couple other people who have also recently had this issue. Call me a conspiracist, i dont care, but as far as im concerned blackberry has tried to create their own type of monopoly to sell more phones etc...but this will DEFINITELY be my last blackberry product i EVER buy! The internal memory is low as f@&$... You cant download anything anymore unless you buy their blackberry package at 20 bucks a month on my plan...so without that plan , i can download any basic apps over a data network. I think i cant even download over a wifi!!! Im so fed up with blackberry s$&t!!! The only good thing i can say about blackberry...is its **bleep** tuff cuzz tonight my phone hit the wall twice and didnt shatter...but trust me...its going down tonight!!! Blackberry is garbage! Do like me...take ur losses and dont buy anymore blackberry **bleep**! This isnt just a rant....this is a "pissed off " customer who has had enough of their junk that they sell!
New Contributor

Seriously...ive tried everything you can do to get the trackpad, back on track besides rebuilding the piece of **bleep**! Its not worth the frustration! Get rid of it and dont buy anymore blackberry **bleep**!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300 and curve 9320
My Carrier: t-mobile and digicel

You are not helping me out one bit Joe I have had blackberry since 2010 and besides this issue I'm having now t-mobile and rim have worked with me so good just happened that I don't longer live in the States so I can't seems to solve this issue. If you are not the solution then you are the problem so continue with your apple products and I'll continue with my rim bb products