Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 6.0
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry 9300 and 2012 4Runner Bluetooth marking emails as "unread"

I recently synced my Blackberry 9300 with my bluetooth in my 2012 Toyota 4Runner. The functionality is fine as far as receiving calls and emails; however, every time I get in the car with the blackberry, about 10 random emails that were already marked as "read" become marked as "unread" on my Blackberry and in my Outlook.

How can this be fixed?

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 9300 and 2012 4Runner Bluetooth marking emails as "unread"

I have the same problem, 2012 Toyota Prius C... This also cause the message counter on the home screen to show unread messages although there are no unread messages in the list. You can fix this by doing a battery pull, but I have to do this after each sync... I called Toyota tech support, they had no idea how to fix it. I encourage everyone else with this issue to report it to Toyota and rim so that they can work together to resolve the issue sinner rather than later.l.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Blackberry 9300 and 2012 4Runner Bluetooth marking emails as "unread"

Hi all,

I have the same problem happenning on a 2012 Toyota Rav 4 Limited, issue is really anoying when you receive high volume of e-mail like I do and be forced to go trough them to re-mark them as read once or twice a day. 

To get rid of the erroneous message count the only solution that I have found so far is removing the battery from the headset. I have check with the IT crewl at the office and they do not have a clue why this happening, I have paired my BB with other vehicles (other than Toyota Brand) to see if is handset related and there is no issue.

I will approach the Toyota dealer as well to place a claim.