Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry 9300 - cannot access as frozen with clockicon

Hi all,

My blackberry curve 9300 cannot be accessed as brings up small clock icon that has arms keep going around until get message on white screen saying invalid app. I cannot access any features on phone and buttons have no response.

Kindly help me get phone back as haven't had a recent backup of contacts also.

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 9300 - cannot access as frozen with clockicon

Try booting in safe mode. Remove the battery. While holding the back key insert the battery. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds and then let go. Does it work in safe mode?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi, tried holding back button while machine came up (after removing and putting battery in). Though safe mode option comes, the clock icon keeps coming up and freezes moving scroll button or any other operation.

Let me know any other options.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It sounds to me like your memory is completely full, e.g. File free = 0. Can you get into Settings at all?

If not, can you plug it into your computer and make a backup of the device using BB Desktop Software?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi,

Have tried below steps with no success-

1. Took battery out for hard reset for more than a day. Put back on gives me the clock icon

2. Plugged into PC with blackberry application. Keeps saying cannot connect to mobile device

3. Blackberry PC app gave option to fix problem by resetting to factory setting. Tried that but kept searching for updates.

While see no means to retrieve data from mobile, think only option remaining is to perform a hardware reset.

Can someone help me with this or any other option.

Highlighted
Guru II

The only other thing I can suggest is to wipe the device with JL_Cmder.  Note: This will wipe all data from the device including the OS itself.  You can download it here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachments/rim-software/19475d1318636583-jl_cmder-jl_cmder-v1.9.4.z...

This will leave the device with no OS and you can then reload the OS by following the instructions below. 

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

4. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader