03-24-2014 09:12 AM
My blackberry curve 9300 cannot be accessed as brings up small clock icon that has arms keep going around until get message on white screen saying invalid app. I cannot access any features on phone and buttons have no response.
Kindly help me get phone back as haven't had a recent backup of contacts also.
03-24-2014 09:23 AM
03-24-2014 06:18 PM
Hi, tried holding back button while machine came up (after removing and putting battery in). Though safe mode option comes, the clock icon keeps coming up and freezes moving scroll button or any other operation.
Let me know any other options.
03-24-2014 06:40 PM
03-26-2014 05:54 PM
Have tried below steps with no success-
1. Took battery out for hard reset for more than a day. Put back on gives me the clock icon
2. Plugged into PC with blackberry application. Keeps saying cannot connect to mobile device
3. Blackberry PC app gave option to fix problem by resetting to factory setting. Tried that but kept searching for updates.
While see no means to retrieve data from mobile, think only option remaining is to perform a hardware reset.
Can someone help me with this or any other option.
03-26-2014 10:33 PM
The only other thing I can suggest is to wipe the device with JL_Cmder. Note: This will wipe all data from the device including the OS itself. You can download it here:
This will leave the device with no OS and you can then reload the OS by following the instructions below.
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
4. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader