Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9310
My Carrier: Straighttalk

Blackberry 9310: Phone randomly not ringing and not sending large texts

[ Edited ]

Device info

Your carrier: Straighttalk

Model info and OS version (Go to Settings, then Options, then about): Blackberry Curve 9310

Issues: My phone randomly will not ring at all (even with it sitting a few feet away, charging, with all the sounds on), but will beep to tell me that I have a voicemail. I cannot reproduce this.

My phone will not send texts that are more than one part. If I try to send a two or more part text, the person on the other end will simply not get it. I've tried this with three different carriers (one of them being another Straighttalk phone). My phone can send them to itself with no issue.

I have tried getting tech support on these issues. They "reset" my phone, which seemed to only have reset the wallpaper. I am still unable to send long texts, I do not know if the ringer issue is still happening, since it is so sporatic.

I didn't get a replacement plan on this (my mistake) so they can't offer me any help. Any input at all would be appreciated. Thank you!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9310
My Carrier: Straighttalk

Re: Blackberry 9310: Phone randomly not ringing and not sending large texts

[ Edited ]