Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Blackberry 9320 Error after upgrading app world, bbm, blackberry id

Hi,

I am a newbie and need some help here. I just bought a blackberry 9320 to replace my old 9700. After bought it, I upgrade the app world application to the newest version from app world website and bbm to bbm 7 from appworld app (9320 originally has bbm 6). When activated bbm, before running the bbm 7 it request to update blackberry id app to the newest. Then I managed to restore my bbm contact list through my blackberry id (previously I have bbm 7 on my 9700).

After upgrading then I did the pull battery to clear the memory (hard reset), but after put the battery back and my blackberry booting, it load until displayed "JVM error 517". What went wrong? JVM error 517 refer to hardware software conflict. I tried to hard reset again but the result still JVM error 517. Then I reload the software OS 7.1 downloaded from blackberry website (OS 7.1 for Telkomsel, wireless service provider in my country, Indonesia). And then I upgraded again my blackberry app world & bbm same as I did at the first time I bought 9320, did the hard reset, and JVM error 517 appear again.

Then I gave up and  just reload the OS 7.1 without upgrading any app on my blackberry 9320 and I cannot restore my bbm contact list since it is stored with my blackberry id (bbm 6 doesn't has feature to restore through blackberry id and I never back up my bbm contact list.

Is there any way to restore my bbm contact list through blackberry id on bbm 6? Why after upgrading blackberry app world, bbm app from 6 to 7 and updating to the newest blackberry id app my blackberry went "JVM error 517"?

Please help me to solve this so i can do upgrading without having any JVM 517 error again or restore my bbm contact from blackberry id on bbm app 6.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stevanus Colonne

If want to thanks click "Like", if problem solved by this post then click "Solution" so others can find it
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9320 Error after upgrading app world, bbm, blackberry id

Hello stevanuscolonne

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Its really sad that you're having problem with your new device and you're unable to Update your apps ! 

I know its real pain in reloading our device OS again and again , But if you're will to do all over again then you should try Downloading BBM first , if problem cease then go with BlackBerry World , If you still face the same error after updating those application then you can try two Option , first Contact your Carrier or the point of sale and replace your device , Or if you're looking for another option then you can try Reinstalling Device OS but in a clean manner , you should try BBSAK to completely wipe your device then try a fresk OS pack from your Carrier Site.

So if you want to try again then follow those steps :

1. First Uninstall anything related to RIM or  BlackBerry software and even Desktop Software from your PC .

2.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

3. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

4. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

5.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

7. On your PC  Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path  will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Update will continue and after Update install only your Contacts, calender , memos task etc, but don't restore your application from those backup , just do a selective restore . Perform a few Battery pull reboot .

To download BBM , from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm and download the most recent available for your device . After restart please check if any error appear . If not then open BBM and login with your BlackBerry ID .

If you didn't recieve any error then you can try downloading BlackBerry World , for that simply from your BlackBerry brwser browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download  and download it .

So please try those steps if you wish Or contact your carrier for any replacement option.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hi Prince2012,

Thank you for your response, I've tried to reload again. for a while seems everythings fine. but then tweeter app missing and I pluged to desktop manager and it detect to update tweeter app which is already the latest version and downgrade blackberry core application to 7.1 (?) which I only have OS 7.1 installed in my computer. After applying then again displayed to update msn messenger which already the latest version and also downgrade the blackberry core application again. In the end JVM error 200 displayed. I've to wipel and reload my device all over again.

But before JVM error 200 displayed, I managed to backup my device (all app and data settings) using blackberry desktop manager. Can I restore my bbm contact using this backup if I use bbm 6?

I guess something went wrong related to blackberry ID update to the latest version as required when activating bbm 7. Everything went wrong after I update bbm to bbm 7 (also blackberry ID), Is OS 7.1 still unstable or bbm 7 ?

I cannot contact my service network provider because I bought it from the shop without operator bundling. Even I buy the bundling one, it will require weeks to months for repair it, there is no one to one replacement.

I think there is no work arround at this time for me to use all blackberry apps with the latest version, perhaps I've to use OS pre-loaded version until there is a solution or stable OS/ BBM/ Blackberry ID provided RIM.

If you have other possible solution then let me know, I will give a shot perhaps it will work.

Thank you.

If want to thanks click "Like", if problem solved by this post then click "Solution" so others can find it
Contributor

Just finished wipe & reload OS, setup email, bbm 6, bb protect, instant messengers (yahoo, msn & gtalk) install apps (captureit, detikcom, color id, beamexplorer) after rebooting, suddenly displayed JVM error 528 continue, I clicked on continue and bring up hourglass, then I did pull battery, blackberry stuck on booting with already full loading progress. What's happening with my device? I'm so desperate, after decided not to update to the latest version due to JVM error 517 and then now I have to face another JVM error. Please Help ME..

Highlighted
Elite II

stevanuscolonne wrote:

Just finished wipe & reload OS, setup email, bbm 6, bb protect, instant messengers (yahoo, msn & gtalk) install apps (captureit, detikcom, color id, beamexplorer) after rebooting, suddenly displayed JVM error 528 continue, I clicked on continue and bring up hourglass, then I did pull battery, blackberry stuck on booting with already full loading progress. What's happening with my device? I'm so desperate, after decided not to update to the latest version due to JVM error 517 and then now I have to face another JVM error. Please Help ME..

Hi stevanuscolonne

Most often those JAVA error appear because of any hardware or a software glitch but sometime many third party application can be responsible for those error . You're doing well as you wiped your device and then Load the new OS , But should not have restored any third party application and also anything from your backup files except your Contacts , calanders , memo, task etc. 

I can't say for sure but one of your installed application may be  responsible for this . 

Ahh .. now I suggest ( It sounds bad but ) Start all over again , and please note after an Relaod don't restore or install any application for a day and let your device run. After a day install ONLY BlackBerry native apps like BBM, Twitter , facebook etc , but no 3rd party application . If problem cease then install one application at a time but install fresh from BlackBerry world don't restore from your backup.Or I prefer leave those 3rd party app for a week and check your device if it recieve any error .

Can you try that ! 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hi prince2012, Many thanks for your response again, really appreciate it. Since I already done again another wipe & reload and installed 3rd party apps, I prefer to wait & see until whether JVM error displayed. If displayed again, then I'll give try from your suggestion. I'll update what happen next. Many thanks.
Contributor

Hi prince2012,

Just want to update you on the result of your suggest, after I do what you suggested, my 9320 suddenly restarted and keep displaying error. I also have tried to upgrade latest OS 7.1 from proximus (the latest os release I know for 9320), but 9320 battery heated up, also happen when I downgrade to OS 7.1 first version from my network service provider.

I gave up after struggled for a week since I bought it, then I sold it with the price almost half from the price when I bought it (so sad)..

I really dissapointed with 9320 performance..

Then I bought 9900, despite battery drainage quite fast, so far I have no concern.. Hopefully my new 9900 will not dissappoint me..

Any way thank you for your help prince 2012.
Elite II

Hi Stevanuscolonne

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with your previous BlackBerry !

As a BlackBerry lover myself , I 'm glad you chosen BlackBerry again and Bold 9900 is indeed a good device . Its has a good processor and a huge internal memory and ofcourse some good features. 

Regarding your Battery drainage problem,  Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background , or because of any unknown Third party application installed within our device . A regular battery pull restart is always advised for our BlackBerry . If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) we should always look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open on any active webpage when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at these Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Good luck and enjoy your new BlackBerry Smiley Happy