10-03-2013 03:19 PM
My blackberry can seem to turn on and all it does is the red light appear and the blackberry sign turn up and it load half way through and then the red light start flashing. sometimes it turn on but then it automatically closes within 1-5 min. i try to repair it in some repairing shop but all they are telling my is that it is a software problem and that they can do anything about it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-03-2013 03:27 PM
You will need to wipe the device and try to reload the OS:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. If you can, do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup, if possible) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
10-03-2013 04:11 PM
10-08-2013 06:03 PM
10-12-2013 03:56 PM
10-12-2013 04:00 PM