Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: three
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9320

Hi,

I have an app on my handset from Intellect Dimensions. The app is Simple Weight Tracker'

Unfortunately I have forgotten my password to get in to the app. I have sent a number of e-mails to Intellect Dimensions but they are not answering me.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can overcome this problem?

Many Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 9320

I doubt there is any way to get to the app without the password. If there was the developer wouldn't have done a good job develping the app. My guess is not even the developer can access your data without the password. You will probably need to start over. Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: three

Hi John, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. It was very kind of you. I thought it odd that the app didn't have a button for 'forgotten password'. I'll just have to find another app and start again. Unfortunatel I have lost all my records from last August.
Regards and a Happy new year to you - Karen
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Why would you need to find another app? I would think you could use the same app. A forgotten password feature is something that goes along with an online account. If the app you had is associated with an online account then it may have a password reset feature on a website. If it's just a password for the app then it probably doesn't.

You should be able to delete the app and reinstall it and set it up anew.

That said, BlackBerry does have an app called Password Keeper. You store all your passwords and login info in one encrypted app. You then only have to remember one password. I have hundreds in mine and couldn't live without it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!