Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Blackberry 9360 OS 7.1 Problem

I have recently updated my 9360 from 7.0 to 7.1 with Vodafone Essar carrier. After that I am facing a lot of problems:

1. Universal search is not working perfectly and it always get hang and it not appears searched contact.

2. When I write text message or email it takes time to open and always get hanged in between.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9360 OS 7.1 Problem

Hi jaspreet229

Welcome to the Community

Do a Battery pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

Make sure that Applications are not running in the background.Pressing the menu key for a few seconds  will let you know that  ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser  will always there ,see if any other are running) Close all application correctly and also don't leave your browser open.

Check that and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

I did this many times but still no change. Problem is still there. I never faced a small issue with my earlier blackberry but this makes it difficult for me to stay on.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi jaspreet229

Apart from the Regular BlackBerry Apps what other Application are installed in your device.Have you installed any new Application after OS upgrade to 7.1.Because 7.1 is working good on 9360 for many user. 

Prince

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: 02uk

I have just updated to os 7.1 on my 9790 and my universal search keeps disappearing. From my home screen. Did u manage to fix your problem. If so how. Thank you