Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9500 touch screen
My Carrier: unlocked but on an orange pay as you go contract
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9500 storm

Hi all, i have recently purchased a 9500 used touchscreen handset and had it unlocked for my father, i have noticed when i added dads contact list to the phone and tried to ring out an American prefix code comes up, i can only presume the phone is American. The phone accepts calls etc, is there any way i can put the phone to uk settings ???? as you will probably have noticed i have not a clue, my dad loves the phone and he can navigate round it, he is away for 4 days and i said i would have it sorted, i have the handset and booklet and usb lead, box etc (help please)

Thanks in advance to anyone whom can help

Regards twalftwalf

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 9500 storm

1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your Country Code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your local area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).

2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9500 touch screen
My Carrier: unlocked but on an orange pay as you go contract

Hi there, i would just like to thank you for your accurate and easy / bullet proof advice and guidance to rectify the dialling issues with my fathers phone, he is chuffed to bits.
Regards and tks once more
twalftwalf
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey. You're welcome. I do hope he's become "unchuffed" by now! Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code