Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9530 Storm
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry 9530: Unable to dial service numbers like *123# for Airtel (service messages)

Hi,

I purchased unlocked Blackberry 9530 Storm from US from one of the online sites. At the back of the phone verizon is specified. Now I am in India, I am able to make and receive the calls, but i am unable to dial the service numbers like (*123# This service gives my account balance of prepaid card). Actually when dialing this number it shud send the message instead of dialing the number, but in this case it is dialing the number and hence i am unable to use the service numbers. Please help !!!!

I thought the problem might be of my number that is displayed when you try to call, but even after editing the number to local indian number using ##000000, it still unable to make the service calls like (*123#)

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Maxis Malaysia

Re: Blackberry 9530: Unable to dial service numbers like *123# for Airtel (service messages)

Hi, I may solve your issue here but I need you to answer the following question first.

1. Do you have your Data Services 'On' ?

2. If it is on. Do you have a problem of your prepaid balance reducing? Beside dialing service number like *123#, You may also check your balance by dialing a short number provided by your carrier.

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Re: Blackberry 9530: Unable to dial service numbers like *123# for Airtel (service messages)

Hi,

Did you resolve the problem?

It seems to be an issue with the "#". I have the same problem.

Contributor

Pls elaborate your problem further.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9530

I have the same problem.  How did you solve it?

My Device: STORM 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi, i think the problem is with the Service providers. I tried using my airtel line with my storm 9530 and it gives me the same result but when i used my MTN on it, I'm able to check my balance and dial other USSD numbers. 

Contributor

Follow these steps :

1. Go to connection and turn off the data. Also turn off while roaming.

2. Switch off your phone and temporarily insert other sim card. Switch on the phone.

3. Switch it off again and insert back your sim card.

4. Now you will be able to dial service number like *123#.

5. Important : If you want to turn on the data, you must turn off the service connection. If both data and service connection being turned on simultaneously, the problem will reoccur and you may need to repeat from step 1 to be able to use the service number like *123# again. 

Pls kudo me if successful

New Contributor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: smartphone

try this:

- turn off and turn on by klicking red botton

- while the set search for network, klick call botton

- type your dial number

- klick green/ call botton.

- just repeat it before it reach full network.

My Device: storm 9520
My Carrier: customer

THANK YOU SO MUCH..YOU AE A GENIUS...i am able to view the service msg in my Verizon Strom in India.
Also I think this will solve my problem of being charged extra for local SMS which was suppose to be free.
I was getting charged Rs5 per SMS when it was suppose to be free.
Thanks again.
My Device: storm 9520
My Carrier: customer

by d way this one worked.

04-15-2011 10:11 AM

Follow these steps :

1. Go to connection and turn off the data. Also turn off while roaming.

2. Switch off your phone and temporarily insert other sim card. Switch on the phone.

3. Switch it off again and insert back your sim card.

4. Now you will be able to dial service number like *123#.

5. Important : If you want to turn on the data, you must turn off the service connection. If both data and service connection being turned on simultaneously, the problem will reoccur and you may need to repeat from step 1 to be able to use the service number like *123# again.