06-18-2010 07:45 AM
I purchased unlocked Blackberry 9530 Storm from US from one of the online sites. At the back of the phone verizon is specified. Now I am in India, I am able to make and receive the calls, but i am unable to dial the service numbers like (*123# This service gives my account balance of prepaid card). Actually when dialing this number it shud send the message instead of dialing the number, but in this case it is dialing the number and hence i am unable to use the service numbers. Please help !!!!
I thought the problem might be of my number that is displayed when you try to call, but even after editing the number to local indian number using ##000000, it still unable to make the service calls like (*123#)
06-18-2010 09:43 PM
Hi, I may solve your issue here but I need you to answer the following question first.
1. Do you have your Data Services 'On' ?
2. If it is on. Do you have a problem of your prepaid balance reducing? Beside dialing service number like *123#, You may also check your balance by dialing a short number provided by your carrier.
04-14-2011 06:42 AM
Hi, i think the problem is with the Service providers. I tried using my airtel line with my storm 9530 and it gives me the same result but when i used my MTN on it, I'm able to check my balance and dial other USSD numbers.
04-15-2011 10:11 AM
Follow these steps :
1. Go to connection and turn off the data. Also turn off while roaming.
2. Switch off your phone and temporarily insert other sim card. Switch on the phone.
3. Switch it off again and insert back your sim card.
4. Now you will be able to dial service number like *123#.
5. Important : If you want to turn on the data, you must turn off the service connection. If both data and service connection being turned on simultaneously, the problem will reoccur and you may need to repeat from step 1 to be able to use the service number like *123# again.
Pls kudo me if successful
04-22-2011 12:16 PM
- turn off and turn on by klicking red botton
- while the set search for network, klick call botton
- type your dial number
- klick green/ call botton.
- just repeat it before it reach full network.
06-14-2011 08:04 PM
06-14-2011 08:06 PM