Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9700 hangs a lot

My blackberry 9700 has started hanging quiet often.

Also it always shows application storage memory full. Where as my memory card has a lot of space available.

Few people said that the application storage is in d phone memory and not the media card, however applications that I have are only whatsapp, fancy smiley, shazam, Google talk, you tube, blackberry world, bbm, blackberry travel and protect.

And other default applications like a calculator and file manager etc.

Would this be the reason that it is working slow or not responding at times? I clear d log at least 3 times in a day but still the problem persists.

Could anyone please help?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9700 hangs a lot

Hi siddesh_wanikar,

Welcome,

Whenever you see or feel that it hangs  then just perform a battery pull restart like this Device Powered On remove the Battery wait a min.then reinsert it back. 

Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.

Also never leave the browser open when not in use.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Some good advice from prince2012, but let me add a question:  What OS are you running?  The Bold originally shipped with OS 4 and could be upgraded to OS 5 (I believe those numbers are correct).  However, many people have decided to upgrade beyond that to OS 6 which is not a good idea on a 9700.  If you're currently running OS 6, I recommend reverting back to OS 5.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

dear prince!

thanks a lot for the suggestion< but i have always been doing and following the procedure you suggested.

would coonecting it to blackberry desktop software and restoring it will be helpful?

will restore option take away all my data in it?

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Open App World and when open hold the Alt key while pressing RSTRST this clears the App World cache which clears out A LOT of the memory!

Also while in the main screen hold Alt and press LGLG, this opens the error log. Press your BB button and choose "clear log".

Do this and your phone should run noticeably smoother!

One more thing you should do is to set the memory cleaner to run after 30-60 minutes of inactivity. The memory cleaner is found in the settings/options.

Cheers!
Elite II

siddhesh_wanikar wrote :

would coonecting it to blackberry desktop software and restoring it will be helpful?

will restore option take away all my data in it?

Hi siddesh_wanikar,

Well by restoring if you are trying to mean Reloading or updating your device OS then Yes it may help and if you perform such action your data may lost so in order to avoid that do a complete backup of your device using BB Desktop software and that data can be restored back to the device easily using restore option in BB desktop software.

If you reload or update your device OS than  atleast for 2 or 3 days don't install any app ( whatsapp, fancy smiley, shazam  )  and see if your device  hangs if not then you can go for those app but one by one to see if any one of those app are the real culprit. 

So if you want to go ahead for reloading or updating you can go for it.

Here is How to take a clean Reload:  KB11320

And you can also perform a web based update if updates are there you will get it KB16068 

N.B : Keep your device backup before performing any of the above.

Good Luck

Prince

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm still curious to know what OS the original poster is running.  As I've said, if it's OS 6, there's the problem right there.

Patiently awaiting a response to my question................... Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II

Reloading a device OS is not bad but yes agree with BillJ if someone don't provide full information it is  not easy to anyone to give any concrete suggestion.

Pressing  alt + R**bleep**f ( aA^ ) + H will also give the detail OS of any device.

So I hope OP will provide the same so that its easier for all to try to resolve the problem.

Good Luck

Prince

Highlighted
New Contributor

owwww........... nw thts d problem!!!

OS6!

thanx billy J! u should be in NASA dude! thankx

New Contributor

OK... Help required for installing OS5. and like if somebody can spoonfeed me coz i really am a little dumb! Smiley Sad