Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry 9780 - Keyboard error - Double Types

Ive got a Blackberry 9780 made in hungary in 02/11/10 and it erroneusly double or even triple types the input characters frequently. 

Ive read in the forums that is a manufacturing problem. How do I fix it? What part do I need to reeplace? 

Many thanks

Martin

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 9780 - Keyboard error - Double Types

There is no part inside the device that you can replace in order to fix that. It usually happens when the device gets moisture damage. I suggest you remove the battery, put the device in a bag of rice or on top of a warm stereo receiver or tv or the like for a few days and let it dry out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!