Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9780 continuously keeps restarting without booting.

Hello peeps,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780. It was working fine till this morning until I installed an update for the Tube Map application. After that it automatically restarted and has been continously doing so without even entering the OS once. In other words, it just keeps restarting itself without actually booting. I tried entering into the safe mode, even that doesn't work!!

Any suggestions as to what should I do next?

Many thanks...

~This is RainBlade signing off..Cheers!~
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Blackberry 9780 continuously keeps restarting without booting.

[ Edited ]

RainBlade wrote:

Hello peeps,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780. It was working fine till this morning until I installed an update for the Tube Map application. After that it automatically restarted and has been continously doing so without even entering the OS once. In other words, it just keeps restarting itself without actually booting. I tried entering into the safe mode, even that doesn't work!!

Any suggestions as to what should I do next?

Many thanks...

Hi RainBlade,

Pull the battery while your BlackBerry is ON and reinsert in a few seconds. If the problem persists, run your BlackBerry in Safe Mode. Read this article. How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode. On Safe Mode, delete the Tube Map app. Then pull the battery and reinsert it again. Thanks.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply iansantos.

I tried doing what you said but I have been unable to swich to the safe mode no matter how many times I have tried. Maybe I'm doing something wrong!!

if only the safe mode works, Im sure things will be back to normal.

Forums Advisor III

If Safe mode didn't work. Reload your OS. Read this article. How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows.

Good luck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

Looks like this is the only option.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor III

Your welcome!

Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: 8ta

Hi Guys and girls.

about a month ago i had the problem with my phone and i think many of you are having the same problem 
please tell me if this works for you too

my problem was the blackberry kept on restarting till the battery died eventually, but when it was on the cable aka charging it didnt die, as long as i didnt work with it, so i thought its software cause maybe its heating up, tried everything deleted all the programs didnt want to do a new battery cause all the forums said new battery wont fix anything, i tried reinstalling the OS didnt work, so here is what not to do

dont buy a new battery, dont uninstall all your cool apps, dont try and switch of the gps, dont reinstal or format ot start up in safe mode, thats ALL BULL**bleep**!!!.

here's what to do

open the back cover, take out the battery, take a screw driver and bent the little coper plate where the battery connects, bent it just a little forward, so that it stands out a bit further, now be carefull to not bent it till it brakes cause its only little copper wires.

i know im writing this as if it would definitly work. please if it works tell me and share it
im not gaurenteeing that it will definetly work but try it.

as i see it the battery doesnt make a proper connection to the phone and as soon as the phone moves a bit too fast the battery doesnt connect good enough and therefore the phone restarts

my reason for saying this could be the only problem, some peopel like mentioned on one of the forums a new phone has been bought and 2 days later same problem, 

inbox me if this battery connection point bend works.

Mike_van_Rooyen@hotmail.com

o and this works only when the phone restarts very regurly of use

peace to ya all