Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry 9800 - Loose Screen (Is mine Just Defective) or Just like that for Everyone?! READ*

So i just opened my blackbery torch 9800 for rogers.

and i noticed as soon as i started using the touch part of it, i was typing a test and when i touch or tap the lower part of the screen when its closed (not slid out), it clicks or doesnt have a solid feel to it.

is it just my phone or is everyones like that. the best way i tested it out is, close the phone, lock it, and then tap the top of the creen (below the blackberry logo), and then tap the bottom of the screen above the trackpad or the bottom edges of the screen, it feels, and sounds different, its a big nuisance when im typing doesnt feel sturdy, or mine could just be a poorly manufactured one and i should have it switched.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry 9800 - Loose Screen (Is mine Just Defective) or Just like that for Everyone?! READ*

Any slider device will have some play in them, you should see the CDROM drive on my laptop.after 3 years of thinking it would break, it never did.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Blackberry 9800 - Loose Screen (Is mine Just Defective) or Just like that for Everyone?! READ*

It should not be loose like that.

Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I've read somewhere on this forum this is a reoccuring problem. I'd just exchange it with your seller your phone has a defect you can not live with for 2 years.

I was unhappy with my 9800 software within 24 hours after bringing it home and had it exchanged. No questions asked.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Mine does the same thing except Telus doesnt do exchanges. I had to send my phone in for repair and they told me RIM will most likely not fix this as it does not affect the overall use of the phone. They said if it breaks off, they might fix it if it isnt from abuse.

The Torch has been 1 nightmare after another for me but I am stuck with it unless RIM has a heart and replaces it, LOL! They wont even answer my emails so I dont expect much