Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9810 AT&T -- Emergency Messages Options ??

Where is the option form the Emergency Messages on the Blackberry 9810 ?? I am getting numerous Amber Alerts about every 30-40 minutes and this has been occurring sine about 12:30 PM last night, The phone is on night mode and the LOUD message alert still rings through..

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 9810 AT&T -- Emergency Messages Options ??

I believe it's under Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Cell Broadcasting.  If you uncheck that box, you won't receive Emergency Messages.

Please confirm that by doing an online search for it, but I believe that's it.

Please let us know if that helps you (and if my response is, in fact, correct).  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I just did a search for it and it appears I was correct.  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/2590/About_cell_broadcasting_28839_11.js...

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Problem resolved and I now have that option turned off. Thanks.