Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold9700
My Carrier: blackberry
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9810 issues powering off randomly

Good day folks....please I request your assistance on this issue with my fone. I reloaded my OS due to virus infection and software engineer also requested to upgrade my Os to the newest (V 7.1.0.402) which indeed was okay by me because it came with some cool stuffs (Hotspot....bb mobile conference etc). On return, I discovered that my device turns off on its own and also restarts itself, this has happened like 7times in d last 12hrs. I believe this isn't normal and I request some help. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 9810 issues powering off randomly

What ever software engineer told you your BlackBerry had a virus didn't know what they were talking about. No virus exists for a BlackBerry device.

As for the constant reboots try removing the media card and see if the reboots go away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Not as though he told me, from a certain occurrence my bbm display picx keeps changing on its own, to a particular picx wich I screen grabbed via twitter (4days ago), and even wen I DELETED same, it still continued with my fone. I presumed fone had caught a virus and requested d Os be reloaded. After reloading and upgrading, d intermitent rebooting started. All d same, I will take out memory card and observe. Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I guarantee it wasn't a virus. There is no such thing for BlackBerry. Since bbm is tied to your BBID my guess is there was a problem with the sync to BBID and it reverted back. Again there is NO virus on a BlackBerry since no app can be installed without you agreeing to it. Even then if it was an app you didn't want that you agreed to installing, you can simply delete it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Just took out the memory card....I would see wiv it in 24hrs if I wuld hav it reboot again and revert. Thanks for the enlightenment. Cheers!!
Guru II

Please drop the text speak. It's difficult to understand. It's great for 140 characters in a text message but not for a support forum.

Contributor

Simply meant, I have taken out the memory card as u suggested....will observe in the next 24hrs if any changes. Understood now?
Guru II

Works for me. Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This same problem happened to me before with my Z10.
The solution is to buy a new battery

Hope that helps!
Guru II

That could be the solution. There are other things to check first. When it begins right after an update it often has to do with data on the media card.