Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry 9850 not registering with O2 network

Hi Ladies and Gents

I have a slight problem with my Blackberry 9850,(everything else works ie BBM ok, Internet ok, SMS/MMS ok, incoming and otgoing calls ok, but i cant set up emails it keep asking me to register my device via ---> Options----> Advance options------>host routing table and register.....

I have tried the solution above, i get a text mesg/ SMS message saying your device has been registered with the network.....but when i go back to email set up , i get the same message again to register via the routing table.

My handset was originally a verizon wireless handset, i'm now using it on O2 (UK) , I've had O2 trying to sort this issue out for more than a week now to no avail.They have check my IMEI/ PIN which turned out to be all ok.

Service books are all in order, routing table has about 60 entries(O2  uk seem to think thats normal).

Pls anyone help,

cheers

I

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry 9850 not registering with O2 network

What OS version is the device on? Usually when I see problems like this, reloading or performing a clean upgrade to the OS helps to resolve the issue.

To do this, follow the instructions here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

A basic security wipe may also be sufficient, but if you're going to go that route, it won't take much longer to do a full OS reload, and could save you an additional troubleshooting step as well.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I'm on version 7.1.0.580 Platform 5.1.0.429.

I've done  a security wipe, done an OS reload , reloaded a previous version(downgrade), still no luck.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hmm, that's bizarre then.

The only thing I can think of in this case is that your PIN might be locked to Verizon for email? See if you can contact them and ask them to make sure that your PIN has been released from their network. Hopefully that will do it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Will try and speak to them ,will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help,

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey nzamac,

Thanks for reaching out to me,

After checking your PIN number, everything seems to be okay.

I am going to get you to follow the steps in this KB article to reinstall your email setup client.  Go to http://o2mailuk.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient from your BlackBerry® browser.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Will try that and let you know, cheers mate.

New Contributor

i'm getting an error , i think the link is not right.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: BSNL

I am having the same issue. But the diffrence is that my phone is originally from Us Cellular and I am using it in India, Vodafone. Can anyone help me to solve this problem. I did setup my email from Service provider site and it works. But the problem is my contacts can not to syncronize with my account because it need conformation from email setup. And when I am trying to enter in Email Setup, It shows the same issue. I did all you wrote here. So please help me to come out from this.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Vijay Savalia India