Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMOBILE

Blackberry 9900 BBM blackberry messenger and Wi-Fi disabled by your wireless service provider

Hi all,

currently on a business trip in Dubai i bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 new and boxed.

Everything works fine, except Wifi not connecting and BBM blackberry messenger.

When starting messenger i get the " this application is disabled by your wireless service provider" message.

Tried wipe, tried reset, nothing works. Neither helps enabling / disabling BES/BIS. There is no IT Policy on the device.

On some forums i read that if the device was meant for the russian market, having a PCT branding on the box, then Blackberry blocked these functions on the device.

This is non-sense, whats the use of such a device without being able to use wifi or messenger, that are basically vital things you need in a phone.

Any help would be very nice, eventually to find out how to reload and reenable these apps, since i am very frustrated with the lack of functionality in this stupid thing, having a brand new device with no functionality.