Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMOBILE

Blackberry 9900 Bold Freezing when recharger cable removed

Hello ALL,

Please advice on following:

i have a blackberry 9900 bold, its about 1/2 year old.

If the phone is charging, its working, however if you remove the cable it suddenly freezez shortly after startup and wont turn off or on, although i can see on the dark screen the last information shown, its just without backlight and not reacting to anything. Turning it off doesnt work, only battery pull.

I noticed that if i reinsert the battery and quickly manage to get into settings and turn on wifi, the phone seems to be working on, however if i try to set up enterprise account and so on, it freezez again at one moment. The same happens if i turn off wifi

Tried wiping, tried hard reset, updated via Desktop manager to the latest OS.

The problem appeared after i recharged the phone via car charger.

Any help is adviced. 

THANK YOU!

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Blackberry 9900 Bold Freezing when recharger cable removed

Hi..

Always use a good Quality Chargers to Charge the BlackBerry Devices.. these days the BlackBerry charger pin matches with the Android Devices so people recharge with the same charger for both the Devices..

Also make sure that you have Re-installed (not updating) the OS of the Device. . .

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
New Contributor

Hi,

i used original blackberry recharger cable, so nothing to do with that.

regarding OS, i did not only updated it, i also reinstalled it 3 times, still no luck, it just keeps on freezing if i turn off WIFI.

with enabled WIFI its working, however if i try to set the phone up, it crashes at some time

Highlighted
New Contributor

i really dont understand, is there anyone around here on this forum, whats wrong with RIM anyway???