Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bitė

Blackberry 9900 Bold Touch turns off by certain triggers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Blackberry 9900

Version 7.1 Bundle 2061 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0532)

I have default apps, around 5gb of free space.

My phone turns off and only a battery pull solves the problem. I have taken it to warranty and got the phone back 2 days ago, everything was fine until today. Seems the same problem came back. I thought maybe here I can get some help.

When does the phone turn off? So far it turns off everytime i plug in non-standard BB earphones. The first shut down was when I disabled wifi in my house, but that only  happened once. I suspect it will also start turning off when the battery is bellow  50% and I turn off the alarm once it goes off in the morning, because that happened as well before I took the phone to warranty. 

the only fixes I found are leaving the wifi on OR plugging it in to a charging source via PC or charger, then everything is smooth, even the earphone issue, which is a sure way to crash my phone. I will try to charge the phone to full battery and update if that helps, battery low currenty.

I suspect it has something to do with wifi since the phone worked perfectly until I left my house and tried to connect to various wifi networks, came back home, disabled my wifi, phone shut down and the problem returned.

Other things I tried that didn't help:

>Reinstalling the latest version and restoring  to factory settings

>Disabling auto on/off feature

>Deleting vendor.hml file (from similar problem support post blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-9900-series-smartphone-discussion/16852-9900-turns-itself-off.html)

>Deleting 3rd party apps in safe mode just in case, because I'm sure I didn't have any.

I should also mention this phone is brand new, about a month.

I don't feel keeping wifi turned on is a viable solution, I fear that it may be temporary + it drains the already short battery life. 

I would really appreciate some help. I've been struggling with this issue for about 3 weeks.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bitė

Re: Blackberry 9900 Bold Touch turns off by certain triggers

Small update and bump:

The problem is also fixed when the phone is fully charged, but returns when the battery reaches around 80 precent.