Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry 9900 and Audi Bluetooth

When I connect my new BB 9900 to my Audi A5 via bluetooth I have two problems. Before I explain let me also say that the phone Icon that is displayed on my Audi screen is different to the one I had with my BB 8310 Curve and my iPhone. Instead of a picture that looks like a phone its a picture of a phone with what appears to be a simcard showing inside of it. Does that mean anything?

Anyway, my two problems are:

1) I cant synch contacts. Ive deleted call lists, rebooted phone, re-paired debvice etc etc but no luck. Any ideas?

2) The worst problem of all....when I synch up the device to my Audi I cant do anything on the BB while its paired. Thats because there is a message on the screen saying something like "SAP access someting or other..." and to get rid of the message and look up a number or an email (not while driving of course) means I have to kill the bluetooth link....aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!! Any ideas???

Worst thing is I had an option to go with the iphone or the BB 9900. Im beginning to think I made the wrong choice...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 9900 and Audi Bluetooth

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I can confirm that my Bold 9900 connects to my A4 no problem. I do suffer from a problem where the connection is unstable and the phone is reconnecting to the car every 5 minutes, but I had that same problem with an iPhone 3GS so I am blaming Audi. Good luck.