Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: mtn

Blackberry 9900 authorization failure

Blackberry Bold erratically stops calls, showing the dreaded "authorization failure" message. Then need to turn off and turn on device. Usually works, but without any apparent pattern, problem returns. Driving me crazy. Help?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry 9900 authorization failure

got my brand new BB9900 in oct last year and its worked just fine until a couple of days ago. I now keep getting the "authorisation failure" notice whenever i try to make a call.

I initially turned my phone off and back on again and that worked, however, its now getting increasingly frustrating and i have to turn my phone off several time a day to make calls or send texts.The internet works. My OS is 7.1 bundle 1149 (v7.1.0.342)

Would appreciate any help plsss

Thank

KB

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: MTN

HI

HAVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM, ACTUALLY SEARCHED THE NET LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION AND TO SEE IF SOMEBODY ELS HAS THE SAME PROBLEM, WAS THERE ANY REPLY ON YOUR POST AS I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY ..

(Dit maak my "DEMOER" in as jy daai piep geluid in jou oor hoor en jy kyk af na die skerm en die boodskap kom op grrrrrrrr............)

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: MTN

!! UITGESORT !!

Dis asof die foon self van "line 1" na "line 2" toe spring -- verander dan net weer na "line 1" toe in die settings

1) call management

2) in-call settings

3) active line: switch terug na "line 1" toe

4) save en exit

sweeeet  

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Digicel, AT&T

Greetings,

If your service\SIM card has been configured for dual lines you should be able to open the phone application (press Send) and you will use the trackpad to highlight "Line 2" at the top. Click on "Line 2" and change that to "Line 1" to switch it back to the main line on your phone (Line 2 is not active unless you set it up with a two line SIM service with your cellular carrier).

Not all BlackBerry devices support dual or multiple line services but several types do support this feature and is very easy to accidently change the current active Line on your phone.

Hope this helps all of you.

Kind Regards,

Ryan F-R