Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry 9900 doesn't switch on.

[ Edited ]

Getting really angry with this phone now, 2nd or 3rd day without it turning on, what happened was it was running out of battery and I plugged it in thinking it was charging, not realising i've not actually turnt the socket on (typical manic mum moment) come back to it and it wasn't wokring, so now I decided to leave it over night on charge, nope... so went and brought a new charger thinking it might be a charger issue. still to no avail. Now its randomly varying between red led flashing with long pauses, sometimes it would start loading with the blackberry screen and loading bar then restart itself back to black screen and red led instead on going on to the main screen, other times its coming up with empty battery and red line through it... i've tried installing the blackberry desktop software to get it working that way, removed battery etc, held down the end call button, all the usual suspect moves.. and still nothing. I really need this phone to be working i've all my numbers, sons photos etc on there, really dont want to do a whole system reset... any solutions please!!!! Also forgot to mention I did have quite a few apps and games etc on there, it was purchased BNWB off ebay so no chance of warranty etc..

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry 9900 doesn't switch on.

[ Edited ]

Hi there, there should be a way to get your phone back up and running, but you are unfortunately going to lose all of the data on the phone unless you had a recent backup or unless you had BlackBerry Protect installed (pictures, etc. should be safe). First off, you're going to want to follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Your computer might not be able to recognize the phone, but if that happens, that's ok, try doing the following when you're at the screen where your BlackBerry PIN should be displayed (between steps 2-3). If your computer cannot see your phone, remove the battery and unplug the phone. Then plug the phone back in to your computer. As soon as you see your BlackBerry PIN or PIN:UNKNOWN pop up, click Next. If you miss it, don't worry, just unplug the phone and plug it back in again. You can then reinsert your battery and proceed with reloading the software on the device.

That should get you back up and running, and once you're up and running, you can restore your backup from BlackBerry Protect (again, if you had that installed).

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!