01-27-2012 12:20 PM
what kind of contact you can recover with the Blackberry id ? the BBM contacts or the Phone Directory contacts? or both ? do you know ? What you mean with "phone flashed"? is there a way to do this without going to my service provider? Thanks!
01-27-2012 12:31 PM
03-14-2012 04:53 PM
I'm having the same issue right now. I can't be without a phone for 10, 12, 24 hours. There has to be a way to re-boot the phone. This is ridiculous...
I love blackberry, but why offer an OTA install if your phone will just take 20 hours to back-up? Not cool at all.
03-14-2012 06:14 PM
So I'm not sure if this helps anyone with a similar issue, but I did a battery pull a few times and it seemed to 'quicken things up'. I'd check with a blackberry rep before actually doing this as I'm not sure it's safe to do with every phone or carrier, but it seemed to work for me. That and some patience. I've never had any issues with Blackberry, this was probably the first one that came up that I didn't know how to fix....but nonetheless it seems to be trucking along just swimingly now.
Hope that helps! Enjoy!
03-19-2012 06:02 PM
mine has frozen on 15% but i think it wont continue because the internet on the phone is off?! but it was on when starting the process! i really need some help!! all ive been getting is problems ever since i got this phone!! i can now say i will never be getting a blackberry again!!
03-19-2012 06:12 PM
Same thing happened to me except the update completed but it froze after agreeing to terms on BBTavel. Two ways of clearing. The Blackberry three finger salute (alt+Aa+del) or battery pull. If the first doesn't work maybe try the pull and try the 3 finger salute if it stalls.
Just a terrible updating procedure.
03-19-2012 06:36 PM
Unfortunately the only solution I have found so far is the following:
A) Wait. Be patient. I got frustrated as well, but it worked out in the end. And it didn't take 15-20 hours either. 2 max.
B) Update via Blackberry Desktop manager and NOT OTA. I think there is an issue with the OTA loading as I have never updated via OTA before and this is the first time I've had this happen.