11-02-2013 05:46 AM
I am running Windows 7, and have a Blackberry Bold 9900. This has some music on but most importantly my work diary and contacts which I synchronise through Desktop. I also use it as an external modem and tether my PC through it if I’m somewhere with no wireless.
Yesterday, I did these things during the afternoon:
· Connected a Bluetooth device to my PC (headphones)
· Needed to load a series of drivers for Windows for this to work
· Upgraded from Blackberry Desktop 6 to 7 (following prompt when connected)
· Set up a Bluetooth connection between my Blackberry and PC.
The next time I connected:
· On The Blackberry smartphone I got the normal Blackberry is plugged in message, with normal options (USB Drive / Sync Media / Charge Only), and software opened as usual
· But I was prompted to Connect Your Blackberry Device (with link to troubleshoot connection). Clicking this, I was taken to a page which suggested I check the cable etc. (which I did, all OK) and “...turn off synchronization applications or antivirus applications temporarily”. I disabled Avast, which made no difference, and I don’t know what a “synchronization application” is
· Other aspects of the connection are working (i.e. I can still download photographs from the Blackberry, and still see it as the ‘F:’ drive)
I therefore conclude that:
· Cable / physical connection is good (also tried a different cable - no change)
· Something I had changed had corrupted things, so:
· Uninstalled Blackberry Desktop v7 and replaced with the version I had been using successfully until yesterday (v6)
· Removed the Bluetooth connection to my Blackberry.
Made no difference, so checked Blackberry help forums, which confused me more. One thing which I did discover, was that in Device Manager, although Blackberry is visible attached to PC (and says it is working correctly), it DOES NOT appear in the list of Network Adapters (I don’t know if it did before, but one answer in the tech forum suggested this is significant – though not sure why or what to do about it)
Any help would be very welcome – been at this for ten hours now and making no progress!
11-07-2013 01:43 AM
This worked for me after several hours on the phone with Blackberry Support. I hope it works for you too:
Finally got it working again! Re-downloaded the desktop software (but when you start it up, make sure to uncheck the automatic update option). While that was downloading, I was instructed to go to microsoft.com and search for and download .NET Framework 3.5. Once you click to download that, there will be an offer to download 2 other items. One of which will be Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer). Click to download that too. Once they are finished downloading, run both files. .Net Framework 4 Client Profile will take longer and will ask you if you want to repair or remove. Choose repair. The repair took several minutes, but once it was done, I clicked "Finish", opened the BB Desktop Software, UNCHECKED THE AUTO UPDATE OPTION, and plugged in my phone. Once windows finished installing the drivers, Low and behold! The Desktop software recognized that the phone was connected! I hope this helps you resolve your issue as well. When it again offered me an update I clicked to update later (meaning never!). Best of luck to you.