Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Blackberry 9900 will not start up. Gets Stuck.

2 nights ago my phone had been working fine. I had plugged it in at night but it was dead i turned it over the next morninf and it didn't charge at all. I pulled out the battery and put it back in. It started to turn on but then when it got 3/4s of the way *between the trackpad and the escape key* it stopped. I didn't think much of it since it's happened before but i went back 20 minutes later and it still didnt move. i left it for half of the day and still nothing. So i tried pulling out the battery leaving it out numorous times for 10,15,20,30,40,50,60 minutes and on and on it went nothing happened. I've tried to do control, alt, delete. Nothing. tried booting up in safe mode. Nothing. Tried doing a repair update. Nothing. The update doesnt even get to finsh. at around the end of the update where the phone has to turn back on it stops at the same place and wont move. So idk what to do now. Please help. I NEED my phone for when i go to co-op on tuesday. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 9900 will not start up. Gets Stuck.

If you've been having battery issues recently, it might be the battery that needs replacing.

If no battery issues existed, see if you can reload a backup you've made with BlackBerry Desktop Software (I hope you've made backups). Plug your phone in to your PC and load the most recent backup from BDS. If your phone is stubborn and doesn't want to connect to BDS, try this:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Whatever happens, please keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

it's not battery issues i need to wipe my OS and reinstall it from my mac. Idk how to do that/
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Warid

It's not battery issue I think it's memory issue clear some things from your phone and then notify me
========================================================
If you find my solution helpful then go to options and mark solved
Or you can just click the thumbs up button .
Follow me on twitter :
@haroonkhalid111
Thanks ,
Regards
Haroonkhalid
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Haroonkhalid wrote:
It's not battery issue I think it's memory issue clear some things from your phone and then notify me

He didnt asked to repeat what he just wrote , His question was how to wipe

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Monst3rScreams wrote:
it's not battery issues i need to wipe my OS and reinstall it from my mac. Idk how to do that/

To Wipe the OS follow these Steps

1 ) Go to Options

2 ) Go to Security

3 ) Go to Security Wipe

4 ) Tick the boxes those are not grayed out

5 ) Type ' blackberry ' Below

6 ) Click on Wipe Data

7 ) Wait for the Reboot

8 ) Follow all the instructions on screen

9 ) Now your phone has been Wiped Smiley Happy

========================================================
If you find my solution helpful then go to options and mark solved
Or you can just click the thumbs up button .
Thanks

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ereeamazing wrote:

Monst3rScreams wrote:

To Wipe the OS follow these Steps

1 ) Go to Options

2 ) Go to Security

3 ) Go to Security Wipe

Ereeamazing, if you actually read the initial post in this thread, the user can NOT start up his BlackBerry at all, therefore he can not do the wipe you've described.

Monst3rScreams, what I need to recommend can only be done from a Windows PC, do you have access to one? I see you mentioned having a Mac above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Movistar Telefonica

Hi, i have the same problem!!

Works fine, BBM app update appear in the app world icon, just updated, restart mandatory, i restarted it, but it freeze in 3/4 of the loading bar.

Try to wipe using BBSAK, Wipe done, reinstall the BBOS using BBDM, install ok but still no starting up. Trying to unistall all BB stuff and reinstall, still not working.

Try a hard reset, still not working.

Any software or scheme of use, keys combos or something to get this device alive again?? I have to sell it but now i just tech **bleep**!!

Anything else?

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Movistar Telefonica

By the way:

BB Device: 9900

BBOS: 7.1.0.1716

Apps: App World, BB Protect, Line, Whatsapp, BBM (last update, who start the problem).

Last working day: Feb 15

There is someone that could get out of this trouble and let the device alive again??

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900-1256
My Carrier: Base (Belgium)

Yes, I have thesame problem. The screen shows only "BlackBerry" and a white line under that loads until +/- 75% and stops. Nothing else you can do. ALL buttons are dead, I can't even switch off the phone. I have to take out the battery to switch off the set.

Using the desktop software, I hear a beep when connecting to the pC but the PC cannot connect. So I cannot do anything at all.