Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Blackberry 9900 wont charge or turn on

I surely hope someone can help! I was away camping for holidays with my family in a provincial park where there was no service at all. I had my phone in my purse and decided on the Wed to charge it as we were heading into town to do errands. It had an amber light and was locked so I tapped the unlock button on top and phone said "powering down" I set it down and went back a little while later to plug it in and nothing. I have tried removing the SIM card and battery and replacing it and it does absolutely nothing no light at all.

I am so upset this phone was a treat for me with 4 daughters it was not in the budget and I had the phone 1 year July 25th so I know Bell and they will not do anything to help! 

Please advise me and Thanks so much

Lesley

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Blackberry 9900 wont charge or turn on

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your BlackBerry Bold...!!

Please pull out battery and plug your device with charger and leave it for 5 to 10 mins, you will get a no battery sign on your device screen. Once you will get no battery sign then put battery with un-plugging charger and wait for another 20 to 30 mins.

If this too not work then try to arrange another charged battery and check..!!

Thanks for your Post...!!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry 9900 wont charge or turn on

Hi~

Thanks for taking time to answer my post. I should have mentioned in my first post that my nephew has the same phone so I tried his charged battery in it and nothing! It didnt light up red light or anything either even tho it worked as soon as we put it back in his phone.

Les