10-11-2012 03:41 AM
10-11-2012 10:27 AM
I saw a few solutions posted under this thread.
Try this one first from new member ladiosadeluna found in the above thread:
I was having the same exact problem, I couldn't find app world anywhere. But then in applications, I hit the blackberry button and selected "show all" and it appeared grayed out. Then select app world and hit the blackberry button and unclick 'hide' and then you can unclick 'show all' afterwards if you want.
That worked for me, and I would imagine it would work for a lot of people having the same problem.
Maybe this works for you.
This link will not install the current App World version but one which works on your phone:
If you want the newest App World version I do not recommend to wipe your phone as suggested in the top thread rather do an ‘alias update’ where you select your current OS as the alias. This method is explained here and restores not only your PIM data but also your applications in one swoop.
Let’s assume DTM 7.1 is on the ‘Home Screen’ and you see the message: ‘Sync All’ and there is copy of your current device software
1) Click ‘Device’ and then ‘Update’
2) Wait for the message: ‘There are no Blackberry Device Software Updates available’ and then click ‘View other versions’
3) Wait till you see a box labeled ‘Available Vers
It will take now some time (~ 30 min) but eventually a message comes up saying: ‘Your software update is complete’.
Wait till you see this message. Then disconnect your phone and follow all prompts on your phone after you have turned on you
When you phone’s PIM is working again select now App World via a restored visible icon and then follow again all prompts.
Tell me which suggestions worked for you. I ended up staying with my default App World version because version 126.96.36.199 eventually failed me again after doing other apps upgrades. We are all waiting for RIM to address this issue. Good luck.
08-24-2013 03:35 PM
Here are a few suggestions for jamadarikbal1994 to solve this AW (Application World) issue:
If the next 3 short ideas don't work follow my above procedure or the link below. Unfortunately, there is no known quick fix for this problems (yes, it will take about 40 minutes but it will make AW work again).
Before you try one of the following ideas I suggest doing first a full backup with your DTM (Desk Top Manager).
1) Try a battery pull or hold down the left alt - right shift -delete buttons simultaneously till you see a red LEd (the 3 button-salute)
2) Reinstall AW by using this URL on your browser’s top line:
This method will delete your present AW version and will then install the newest AW version, e.g. 188.8.131.52
3) You can also manually delete AW via Option/Device/Application Management then selecting AW and hitting delete; then after a reboot download AW again by doing 2) which then does not require a reboot.
4) If none of these 3 ideas work I suggest reloading your current OS but since you will be using the 'Update' option via DTM one gets the benefit of retrieving all emails and address-book data plus all installed apps automatically without having manually to do this tedious task.
Important here is to make sure you have the current AW loaded on your phone even so the icon might not be present or does not open AW. Why? ...because the 'Update' auto reload task will install the troubled AW version properly.
Since I described the above method also in another thread you might also go here for further instructions:
I hope this work around will make the AW icon re-appear and let’s you open AW properly. It is not a permanent fix but OK for now. Let us know what worked for you this time. e.g. idea 1, 2, 3, 4?