Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry App World update icon will not go away

Thanks for the detailed search instructions that is very helpful (Type=All search was a good idea!).  But sorry, no hits related to BlackBerry. I get other hits from email correspondence with others but they have nothing to do with BlackBerry world.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hmmm...odd...just about everyone else we've told to follow this has had success...I don't have any idea, actually, what the messages look like. I've never seen one myself, so I'm going only on what others have posted here in the forums. Perhaps try a batt-pull reboot? And/or a deinstall re-install of AppWorld?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yeah, pull battery reboot I have done a number of times. And uninstalling and reinstalling App World at least 3 times. Both with no luck.

I was thinking that maybe it has to do with Sprint software (ie: GPS) that is triggering AppWord to display the notice. But I updated that software and the number of updates (2) did not decrease.  So there goes that idea.

I was recently at a event where there were a number of BlackBerry representatives present, and they couldn't figure it out either (granted they were not tech support).  But they suggested I call BB tech support. Does anyone have that number?

Thanks1

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

mattday wrote:

I was thinking that maybe it has to do with Sprint software (ie: GPS) that is triggering AppWord to display the notice. But I updated that software and the number of updates (2) did not decrease.  So there goes that idea.

I think that the number next to the icon is controlled by the number of unread messages (that we haven't been able to find)...not by the fact of the update being available in MyWorld...so what you witnessed would be an expected result.

mattday wrote:

I was recently at a event where there were a number of BlackBerry representatives present, and they couldn't figure it out either (granted they were not tech support).  But they suggested I call BB tech support. Does anyone have that number?

RIM does not provide front-line support. Rather, your carrier provides your support and, if they need to, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you. If you choose to bypass your carriers support and go direct to RIM, there are fees involved. This is as per the contractual arrangements between the carriers and RIM. If you wish to bypass, the Support and Services tab on this forum has information about that.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

But when I install AppWord (before reinstalling it) the update icon goes away.  So I know it is tied to RIM's software. And from my conversations with Sprint they don't want to touch the AppWorld software. They think it's RIM's problem.
Hall of Famer III

Then I am clueless. And, if your provider thinks it's RIMs problem, they need to be the ones to escalate your case into RIM.

New Contributor

Holy cow! There was a new version of AppWorld today so I downloaded it and installed it. Guess what..notification no longer appearing! Wow..looks like RIM fixed it.

Thanks again for helping me with this issue. 

Hey guys, 

I FIGURED IT OUT!

If the Appworld Icon is STILL there after you've checked the appworld update page and there are NO new updates.... then the notification is in your GENERAL MAIL BOX...

You know the mail box on your phone that keeps ALL your updates!

ie. email notifications, facebook notifications, blackberry messenger messages, SMS Messages (Text Messages).

There should be an UNREAD messages for the appworld update. Which is why the appworld icon is still there!

So just scroll down until you find the unread messages and the icon will go away!

Sheesh, RIM is retarded sometimes...

My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

THANK YOU!!!  That icon had been on my phone for 2 days and was driving me crazy.  

New Contributor
My Device: 9650 Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

None of these suggestions are working for me--nothing to update, nothing archived, no hidden folders but this icon won't disappear. What about if i delete App World and then reinstall? will my apps still be there?