Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Blackberry Applications

Ok So every time i try to download a theme it costs me £3 ok Im prepared to pay £3 but then when the website crashes every time when i click purchase and i dont get the theme but i lose the payment its stupid. Iv lost about £20? on 1 theme which I havnt even got because the stupid website crashes. I tried it on my phone then it said the credit details are wrong? No there not they work fine on the site.

I sort of think oh maybe its a problem with the site let me ring them up or email them to say what the problem is but nooooo. You cannot contact these people without being re-directed to the wrong place and you dont even get what you want. If you can find the number of blackberry ill give you £100? The email which you email that they read and not send an automated text message £100? 

Im disgusted how hard it is to contact blackberry applications or even blackberry. There problem they need to sort it out im not paying £20 for a theme and then for it to not even let me download it... I want you blackberry to read this and contact me back with a written apoligise and possibly the theme for free?! If you make contact, ill send you my mobile number and we can talk this properly rather than on email.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Applications

What are you talking about?  Are you referring to AppWorld?  You don't specify.

All support for AppWorld is through your carrier.  If your carrier can't resolve it for you then they can escalate the case to RIM.  That is your only path for official support. 

Personally, I don't add 3rd party themes to my device as they cause too many problems. 

You can contact RIM at 1-877-BLK-BERRY but support through that avenue is not free.   (I'll take my £100 now)  I accept paypal.  :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

What is this 1-877-BLK-BERRY and yes its appworld but why should I pay for something which is there faullt =/

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is the number for RIM support. 

How do you know it's their fault? 

You pay for support through your carrier.  If they can't resolve it they can escalate it to RIM at no cost to you or them.

Need my paypal address?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

What do i type in my blackberry to ring them on Buisness days.. :l

But it is there fault/ the websites fault who ever runs the site its there fault with it crashing all the time. 

Guru II

As I have said twice now, you need to contact your wireless service provider.  There is nothing we can do here for a 'crashing' website. 

Personally, I use appworld all the time and haven't had any crashing websites.

New Contributor

I have contacted Orange who have said to contact the blackberry people. I said any idea how to even the lady who spoke to me struggled to find out how. All I need to do is speak to someone via the phone, I will obviously pay for it and just claim it off of the company because surely if i remember correctly you can sue for "Inforced money claims" as in I payed too much for something because the site crashed on me several times.. Just give me the number in numbers not in letters so I can ring it on the weekdays or a weekend number would be ok.

Guru II

There is your problem.  You got someone at Orange who is incorrect.  That is not the fault of RIM.  All the carriers have contracts with RIM for support.  You need to ask to have your case "escalated to RIM."  There is no charge for this when you go through your carrier.  If they tell you no then you need to go higher up at Orange to someone who knows what they are talking about.  That is how it works.  I have had several issues escalated to RIM via this method.  It works. 

1-877-255-2377 is the support number.  However, it will cost you more for support at that number than you have already paid at AppWorld, but it's available.

New Contributor

Number not recognized, on my phone. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Guru II

maybe that 877 number doesn't work from the UK...That's the only number I've ever seen for RIM.

Call your carrier on Monday.  Have them escalate your case to RIM.  It's not RIM's fault that your carrier has lousy customer support.