Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Apps issues

I am having problems accessing paypal to pay for appilcations. The error message I get says "There was a problem contacting PayPal. Please try again later". I am also noticing that applications I download for free such as Fox Business Bookmark has an error message "unable to connect to the internet". However I just downloaded it from the internet. Any ideas?

Finally, I was using an iPhone so the frustration is that applications on the Apple side were much easier to utlilize aside from there are many more apps to access.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Blackberry Apps issues

Check Application permissions for the downloaded applications.

Error you get displayed because these downloaded applications are unable to access the internet.

They need to access the internet for their reasons like downloading news, data etc.

On the device open: Options - Advanced Options - Applications.

Find the installed applications in the list, hit the menu button on the device and select "Edit permissions"

Allow the relevant permissions and save changes.

In case you get additional questions related to AppWorld you can send'em to storefrontmanager@rim.com