Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Attachment Service - Bold

New to the Community and would be pleased if someone can help me.

Bought a Used T-Mobile Blackberry Bold from HK recently but I am based in Singapore and using the Network of SingTel in Singapore. After using the phone for several weeks I realized that there is No Blackberry Attachment Service Software loaded on to my Blackberry As a result cannot view the .pdf attachments sent by E-mails. I called T-Mobile in UK and they advised that you must have a T-mobile Line for the link or download to be activated by them BUT I do not have any T-mobile number nor intend to sign up with them just to get this Blackberry Attachment Service loaded on to my phone. Can anyone suggest me an easier way to update my Blackberry to the latest firmware and at the same time install this application on to my phone. I called SingTel for some help as I bought the line from them but not the blackberry but they advised they can’t help and we have to either get the download or link thru T-Mobile (as the blackberry is originally T-mobile linked and now unlocked) and as I did not get the Blackberry from Singtel, just the line and so wonder  and so what are the options open to me. Normally all the leading mobile phone vendors have a automatic website update of software or firmware through their official website or  they try/will find a solution to make it easier for the final consumer to resolve their problems and make everything user friendly but in blackberry case I am stuck with neither Telco’s helping me, unless I get a New Blackberry for SingTel or get a New Line from T-Mobile which I do not want to incur anymore expenses. Please advise if there is a way to install this software on my Blackberry and even upgrade to the latest version.Many thanks for any help provided. 
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Blackberry Attachment Service - Bold

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

I am not sure how to help you yet but i will see about getting your question posted in the section where you can get the most help! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: 8300

Hello Unheavenly,

Get the software from here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Follow the links to the carreirs website to get the software.

INstall using Desktop manager - Application loader,

or,

click on C:\program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader\loader.exe

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

thanks for some news. just checked my desktop manager on my laptop which shows v.4.6

my bold under Options and 'About' shows v4.6.0.167 (platform 4.0.0.157).

Went to the link to download the update but they require user id and password first on the T mobile download.

or if I click the freedownload area it takes me to 3 options Devices, Enterprise Server and etc.

I clicked on the Enterprise Server and it has a Blackberry Attachment Service download.

Do I click this and download it as you had advised me to downlaod via the desktop manager and so i tried but maybe my method was not correct and please advise me the steps to take to achieve this. All help is highly appreciated. thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

If you go back to that site, and select Singapore Telecom Mobile, you can get version 4.6.0.451 if you want EastAsia version, or 4.6.0.331 if you want multilanguage.

On the T-Mobile site, you want Device software, RIM Devices, 9000. You can get either 4.6.0.365 or 4.6.0.499 there.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

NO er2joe, he wpould have toplay with the devcie.xml and that may cause issues if he isnt a bit IT savvy,.

In your OP, you said the phone came from TMOBILE HK?

I was assuming that HK stood for Hong Kong, but there is no T Mobile in Honk Kong, only CSL...

On the handset, can you please enter: CTRL-ALT-H and advise what the vendor ID is?

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

Hi,again

The device came from T-mobile UK, bought it in HK and am using it in S'pore.

Hope this helps. await news of any info on hwmto resolve this problem.

thanks