Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Bold 9000 - charged battery phone still not working

Hi, I'm having problems with an old phone of mine that i use as a backup. I havent used it for a while and when I went to use it recently it wont turn on. When i plug it in to the wall or computer the red light will come on for a bit the go out. Occassionally it will show the battery and lightening bolt symbol on a white screen - but not for long. I have had the battery checked in a phone shop and they say the battery is fine and currently fully charged.

I am quite behind in updating the desktop software so went to do that and it reccommends the latest software and when I go to install it - it says...

The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device.If this device is rebooting or has a dead battery, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots. If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to repair your software to correct the problem.....

When I try to repair it - it gets to the Initalizing part then doesnt load any further.. eventually a message comes up saying 

BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to install your device software.

I am using MAC OS 10.6.8

I know it's an old phone and I should probably just chuck it but my other phone is currently being repaired and as this device has all the same contacts etc and files etc that i need for work then (for me) getting this to work would be the best solution. Thanks in advance for any help!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 - charged battery phone still not working

Sorry to hear that.  The battery has been tested ok.  The phone is DOA from what I can tell.  Since it can't turn on, I can't offer any suggestions.  Can your carrier provide you with a loaner phone since you're paying for a service you can't use because of the repair?  Same thing applies to your contacts, etc.  Can't access anything if the phone won't power on.