Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold - 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Bold-9650-Email Setup AFTER software upgrade

I upgraded the software on my Blackberry Bold 9650 to the 6OS and after it was finished upgrading, I went to check my email that I had set up on my BB and it took me to an 'Email Account Activation' screen and asked me to enter my password to the email that I have setup on this phone. I typed in my password and it wont recognize my password.

Any advice on how to fix this?? Or what I should do to get it working again? It doesnt even give me the option to delete that email and reset it again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry Bold-9650-Email Setup AFTER software upgrade

I have the same problem. The message reads"Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please log in again."  I've tried yesterday and today, took out the battery and reinstalled and tried again. HELP!!! I need access to my email!

I got this information from a different message: "go to mobile.blackberry.com from your bb brower- go to Communication and click on E-mail. There it let me validate all my old emails."

I tried it and it worked for one of my emails, but is struggling to validate the other.  Good luck! 

Ok, it worked! A little time consuming, but worth it! 

My Device: Blackberry Bold - 9650

It worked for me as well!! Thank you!!!
My Device: 9650 Bold
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Urg this is awful - what's the point in having a BB if it doesn't work sigh. So far I have managed to get two of my emails re-registered but not the third and I cannot set up anymore either. BB please fix!

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Okay..NO problem with that .First THIS WORKED...!     whoever figured it out , YOU ROCK

second , more importantly is ....I went to my local Verizon shop and the Blackberry guy  couldn't figure it out...I have no problem ,with that ..this was clearly a weird fix...BUT I cant wait to give him this info in the morning

thank you

Visitor
My Carrier: verizon wireless

Thank you. I found this fix last night for my husband's phone but then couldn't find the post this morning for my own. Glad to run across yours.

I had a Curve for years and never had any update issues. This is the first time I've updated this Bold and to have it wipe out the email accounts makes me very wary. Of all things for it to wipe, the emails - most folks primary reason for staying with BB.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 on Verizon; Classic & 9900 on T-Mo; PlayBook 2.0

Hi, Everybody,

I've been searching this forum for all of the Verizon customers such as myself to let them know -- the fix prescribed above may work, however when I downloaded and installed the software update, losing my e-mail accounts in the process (gmail, yahoo, vzw.blackberry.net), I finally called Verizon Wireless: the software update dis-associates the device with their systems.  The knowledgeable and polite BB tech re-initialized my PIN and IMEI, and eureka!  I re-validated (input my passwords) for each of my e-mail accounts, and all are working normally again.

Best regards,

Office_BB_Guru

New Contributor

I had this same problem with the email.  I tried the fix up above by going to my browser and following that process.  However, now I am finding other features and services missing from my phone.  Some of my downloaded apps are missing.  I went searching for my Blackberry AppWorld to reinstall the missing apps and lo and behold, my Blackberry AppWorld is ALSO GONE!! I tried to re-establish a connection to the AppWorld through the browser, but no such luck.  I get another freaky weird error message.  Please advise on how to fix this....anyone?