Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 Battery Drain Issue - Solutions Found!

The battery life on my BB Bold 9650 was about 12 hours, and I'm a relatively light user.  I had already tried all of the other "fixes" to increase battery life (display brightness down, GPS to 911 only, Bluetooth off, etc.) and none of them made a significant difference.

I tried the suggestions made here: changed the setting to turn OFF compression, removed the data card, removed the battery, replaced them both and restarted the BB.  Now the BB that used to get no more than 12 hours of battery life gets about 3 days!  This was the only change I made, so I'm certain that these changes were what made the difference.

GIVE IT A TRY.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 Battery Life

Ive got the bold 9700 and i had a few problems with it in the past, it werent charging properly and my battery would just randomly die so i got the charger pin replaced and got a new battery and now my new battery doesnt last an entire day, i will charge it all night usually for around 6-7 hours minimum and when im out i only use 2G, BBM, Whats App, Ubersocial and music player when im on my journeys but occasionally il close ubersocial and whats app, and still my battery will die within a few hours. Its **bleep** me off cause before my last battery started to mess up i could run all my apps with 3G and get 2 days usage now it dies while im at work not using it on a 4 hour shift. It gets to 50% and says battery drained.

If anyone could suggest something that could stop this happening please contact me asap im at my wits end

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 Battery Drain Issue - Solutions Found!

This is the best solution found on the net. It saved me a few denaro from purchasing a new battery unncessarily.

Like some people on this forum, I have had the bold for a while (over a year) with no issues then all of a sunday (sudden) battery would on last (and I am not kidding) 2 hours at best when using it moderately and this after charging it overnight.

I had the added bonus of the phone's battery indicator saying I still have 95% of juice left and 2 seconds later the phone would shutdown telling me the phone is shutting down because of no more juice. After a reboot, the phone's battery life indicator would be at zero percent.

The OS is version 6.0 bundle 2949 (or 6.0.0.668). Apparently it's the latest for this phone.

This phone had stopped being a mobile phone and was now a landline.

Thanks @apres1492. You're a money saver. Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That gives a slower charge, but in the long run it's not really a "better" charge.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: Du

Hi
I also have the same problem and I even close my apps on my BB 9700 but still I have battery drain problems.
Do somebody have any suggestion plz.............help!!