Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Bold 9700 - Email option not there?!?

Hi, I have just got my Blackberry Bold 9700 today and I have been trying to setup my email account on it. I have gone through the setup process several times but cant seem to find the option to add my own email account on it. The only option is gives me is: 'I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server'.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 - Email option not there?!?

Go to your carriers blackberry site and add your email there......

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/setup.jsp#tab_tab_email

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

I thought about that but then thought that there should be the option there on the actual phone as it says in the instriction book about it as welll... im just thinking is there something missing on the phone?!?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Telus

No you first have to set it up there, then you can edit it on your BB after.......

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

What is most likely going on is that you don't have an adequate account from your carrier to enable your access to their enhanced BB services (which includes push email). The carriers host BIS -- Blackberry Internet Service -- which is dedicated solely to their BB customers. Hence, they typically charge more for its use. Generic data plans are normally not sufficient to provide access to BIS. Many carriers call it The Blackberry Data Plan -- but that's not universal. Contact your carrier, tell them you want BIS-based BB push email, and decide if you are willing to pay them whatever it is that they charge. Once it is activated, you will have Personal email added to the email configuration screen.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Digi

I have the same problem here. Only can select "I WANT TO USE A WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT WIHT A BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER".

For yours information, I am in MALAYSIA, using Digi Blackberry Internet Service.

Any solution for this? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cheewooi wrote:

I have the same problem here. Only can select "I WANT TO USE A WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT WIHT A BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER".

For yours information, I am in MALAYSIA, using Digi Blackberry Internet Service.

Any solution for this? 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Try these steps:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

IF that does not work and you think you already have a BIS-enabled account, then you need to go see your carrier to find out why they aren't delivering to you the service you are paying for.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

I have the opposite problem!!! Smiley Frustrated

can anyone help me??

Hall of Famer III

tredoro wrote:

I have the opposite problem!!! Smiley Frustrated

can anyone help me??

Hello,

The "opposite problem" would be having Personal/Internet visible in the email setup wizard, but not also having Enterprise. Is that the case? Do you even need Enterprise?

Please clarify...completely and clearly understanding your situation is the first step in providing you with useful guidance.

Thanks and let us know!

New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I opened a new post for this instance where i tried to best explain the situation:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB-bold-9700-Email-enterprise-account-not-wi...

Thanks!