Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 Email setup problem

I don't know how to check this, but I have never had any problems in the past, and I am still able to use my other e-mail account (fortunately I don't need to change the password for that, which is all I'm trying to do for the Yahoo account!), and also use browsers etc., so I have no reason to think there is anything wrong with my data connections or licences. I just can't get into e-mail accounts to change the password

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In what country are you located with Vodafone service?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

UK

Highlighted

ok, login on a PC here and make the password update.

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks - but it simply keeps saying I have entered the wrong password - but I haven't! I'm losing the will to live at this point...

Are you positive?

Often users who have multiple numerals in their password will only press the ALT key for the first numeral and not those following, so for instance, if your password were "1234", you might have been pressing "Alt 1234" on the device, which makes the actual password to be "1ers".

Does that make sense? Does it sound familar to your usage?

So check the way you enter your password on the device... do you think you are entering multiple numbers but actually are not?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

JSanders,

Many thanks for your help and patience. I'm genuinely grateful. However, I've also subsequently tried to get help from Vodafone directly; and to cut a (very long) story short, this has simply resulted in my other e-mail account also becoming unusable on my BlackBerry. And after all this, I STILL can't access "Email accounts" at all...

I'm going to cut my losses and buy an iPhone. When I have it, I will probably have a little bit of fun dancing on my BlackBerry on a hard concrete path. I would donate it to a charity to be handed over somewhere in a poor country, but I don't think anyone in any lesser developed country I can think of has done anything bad enough to deserve getting a BlackBerry when they presumably wanted a decent phone...

Not a happy bunny

You have a problem with Vodafone and you blame BlackBerry. Smiley Wink

I appreciate your thanks for the help, sorta backhanded in a way. Like if I visited your home and appreciated the hospitality and then told you I wouldn't feed the dinner to a pig.

Anyway, you're welcome. Sorry that I couldn't help you.

And that Vodafone refused to.

I wonder if you have the required BlackBerry BIS data plan on your vodafone account. If you don't it will never work right.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

You've misunderstood me - my thanks was genuine, I'm sorry if it came across as sarcastic, it wasn't meant to be. I certainly don't think anything you told me was unhelpful or wrong, it's just that it didn't work for me. I'm sorry if you feel bitter - all I can suggest is that you might want to consider doing what you do for products which actually have a future... I appreciate it must be tough working for a company in decline, but don't blame the customers!

I don't honestly think it was a Vodafone problem - this is not even the first time I've had this problem with my BlackBerry, and Vodafone hasn't ever caused any problems for the phones owned by the rest of family (none of whom use BlackBerries).

Bye bye, and thanks for all the fish

PNW98 wrote:

You've misunderstood me - my thanks was genuine, I'm sorry if it came across as sarcastic, it wasn't meant to be. I certainly don't think anything you told me was unhelpful or wrong, it's just that it didn't work for me. I'm sorry if you feel bitter - all I can suggest is that you might want to consider doing what you do for products which actually have a future... I appreciate it must be tough working for a company in decline, but don't blame the customers!

I don't honestly think it was a Vodafone problem - this is not even the first time I've had this problem with my BlackBerry, and Vodafone hasn't ever caused any problems for the phones owned by the rest of family (none of whom use BlackBerries).

Bye bye, and thanks for all the fish

ahhhh, there you go again.

1. A company in decline? , yet BlackBerry stock in the past 6 months has led ALL tech stocks in percentage growth -- 45% growth. That is not decline.

2. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not BlackBerry employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. BlackBerry personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration and noted at the top of each page of this forum site.

3. It is a Vodafone issue with the BIS data plan on your account, I am almost certain, but I can not check that. You can.

Sorry! Good luck with it all. And fishes? I don't understand that at all.

Knowledge Base Updates