Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Bold 9780 Shuts off when the battery gets to about 30%

Hi, for a few days now my blackberry has been shutting off when the battery gets to 30%. Is there anyway I can fix this? It does this no matter what battery is in it.

Cheers.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 Shuts off when the battery gets to about 30%

Me again. I've had a look about and apparently updating my OS on the phone might help so I'll give that a try.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Im having the same problem, and when it reboots, the battery goes red and the radio turns off

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB9800
My Carrier: at&t

does the phone get hot...
New Contributor

no, it just shuts off

Regular Contributor

try the OS update...make sure to fallow the steps exactly.
New Contributor

im new in the blackberry area, can you explain me a little bit more about the OS update?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

download your desktop software for the desktop...then the OS for your phone.
install the desktop software...then the OS to be installed...connect your phone when this is done...from there you will be able to navigate your phone for options such as sinc it or update it from the web...or reset it...I tried this for my phone and mine is missing the MODULES so it is a send back to the factory thing for me I guess...lol but make sure to do this in the steps.
1. desktop software
2. OS operating system software for phone according to your model and specs from pone...bb9780 is your and t-moble things like that to identify the appropriate applications for your phone.

install software first then connect your phone!

New Contributor

my bb says its up to date. :/

Regular Contributor

if that be the case then it is clearly a power source issue...I would say have the battery checked out...if these problems exist they should put up tech service centers for this so we can have them looked at...wow! ok if it is up to date try a factory reset full.. and start over the process some times in order to go ahead we have to back up...if this does not work take it back and use our warranty provided you have one...